Any new thoughts on the Tinker?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hey Fantasy Flight, is there going to be any FAQs or clarifications on the City? The Tinker has the most potential for arguments among gamers.

But for now, what happens to a tinkers automated objects when he looses them: such as by toading or the hag etc? Do they stay on the board as things only useful to a tinker, or are they discarded, or as one person I know proposed they stay on the board reverting to their former objectness.  

Can you use mesmerize on a tinkers follower simply to get it away from him? One theory was you can cast it on the follower, you take it, cant actually have it, so are forced to discard it.

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Bolithio said:

Hey Fantasy Flight, is there going to be any FAQs or clarifications on the City? The Tinker has the most potential for arguments among gamers.

But for now, what happens to a tinkers automated objects when he looses them: such as by toading or the hag etc? Do they stay on the board as things only useful to a tinker, or are they discarded, or as one person I know proposed they stay on the board reverting to their former objectness.  

Can you use mesmerize on a tinkers follower simply to get it away from him? One theory was you can cast it on the follower, you take it, cant actually have it, so are forced to discard it.

You were among the people who attended this discussion:

http://www.fantasyfl...=1&efidt=784053

All your doubts are clearly covered by the current FAQ, so what exactly are you asking for?

#3 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for clarifying that part, I had forgotten about that thread. I was just wondering if any official FAQ had come out. Im sure everything covered in that thread will prove true, but I still think there are grey areas over games effects that deal with weapons or armor specifically. There is the card or two that ruins your armor or weapon after combat. My beloved group of gamers created a never ending circular argument about the tinker’s automations avoiding such effects…

My opinion? Effects that don’t specifically say ‘object’ affect the Tinkers autobots.

#4 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Bolithio said:

Thanks for clarifying that part, I had forgotten about that thread. I was just wondering if any official FAQ had come out. Im sure everything covered in that thread will prove true, but I still think there are grey areas over games effects that deal with weapons or armor specifically. There is the card or two that ruins your armor or weapon after combat. My beloved group of gamers created a never ending circular argument about the tinker’s automations avoiding such effects…

My opinion? Effects that don’t specifically say ‘object’ affect the Tinkers autobots.

Yes, there's need for clarification about Weapon and Armour keywords on automated Followers.

Let's hope that a new FAQ comes out before or after the next expansion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS