Trying to work out a Krassis list

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mosedeke

Mosedeke

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

So I've been bashing my head against the Firespray trying to get a list going that I can have fun playing.

Played a list with him and a swarm of Academy TIEs, and it did ok but I wasn't really having fun.  Then tried out Kath with Howlrunner, Backstabber, and Mithel and had a fun time (and a win!), but Kath was underwhelming. 

So I have a game tonight against a buddy, and I'm thinking of trying:

Krassis+ Heavy Laser Cannon + Proximity Mines
Mauler Mithel + Vet Instincts
Howlrunner + Squad Leader
Backstabber

Works out to 100 even.  If I dropped Howlrunner and all of the upgrades but the HLC I could fit in two Academy TIEs.  Would they be worthwhile vs. all high pilot skill TIEs and rerolling?  The proximity mine is partially whimsy because I haven't used it yet, but I figure it'll be a usefull deterant to tailgaters, and the low pilot skill will actually aid him here.  I'm reasonably competent at maneuvering by this point, but I still don't know if I can keep just 3 TIEs alive enough to do much.

I have a couple interceptors and a TIE Adv., along with 2 more TIEs, so if anyone has an alternative list with those that'd have some fun antics besides playing bumper cars with Academy TIEs I'd be willing to try something else.

(Not that I don't like bumper cars, but I did that a lot Wave 1.  Might as well branch out.)

#2 Mosedeke

Mosedeke

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Edit: Howlrunner with Swarm Tactics, not Squad Leader. 

#3 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

My Krassis list is

Krassis + HLC + Gunner

Academy Pilot

Academy Pilot

Academy Pilot

Back Stabber

I don't like fielding only a few Tie fighters and re-rolls are awesome. 

#4 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Honestly Krassis with Howlrunner is kind of a waste. You either get to reroll one die with your primary weapon, or your secondary weapon, but not both. I guess, unless you take the acquire a target lock action, then you can reroll with either weapon.

Generally, you start with:

Krassis with HLC and Gunner

That comes to 48 points. With the other 52, you have options:

Bounty Hunter with HLC
Academy TIE

Now you're fielding 2 Firesprays, if you feel comfortable flying with 2. If one goes down (and they do go down quicker than they should), you still have another beefy attacker firing away.

Or you could go with the

Backstabber
3X Academy TIE

But you seemed like that wouldn't be fun for you. It's not a bad squad, though.

Or, you could go with something like:

Turr with Push the Limit (so much fun to play this combo)
2X Academy TIE

or maybe

Mauler with Veteran Instincts
Backstabber
Alpha Squadron Pilot

That one sounds kinda fun to me, and very offensive.

Either way, have fun! :)

#5 Mosedeke

Mosedeke

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for the replies all!

Hothie, I'm really liking that last list you posted.

I originally ran a Gunner on Krasis, but I found that especially against Rebel ships I almost always got in a solid 1-3 hits with the HLC, and never found myself thinking that I wished I had a second shot.  I can see him more useful in mirror matches though, I'll see if I can work it in.

Played two games with my orginal list since I posted it, won both but I definitely felt the hurt for more bodies.  Played against a 4 ship list with Garven, Dutch, Green Squadron, and Rookie, with an Ion turret, R2, and assault missile to round it out.  Then Han with Chewie and a Gunner with 2 rookies (might be missing something minor in that list).  The last game especially hurt.

I'll tweak it a bit a let you all know how it turns out next time I get a chance to play, should be this Tuesday or Thursday.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS