Mysterious woman missing in the City?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

This is a little mystery. I know that I have all the 82 City cards, but when I look at the artwork surrounding the borders of the City-box (after you put the top lid off), I can see a woman with red hair and eyes making a spell of some sort. I cant find the artwork on any of the City-cards.

Somebody who can cast light on this mysterious woman?

#2 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

I'll have to take a look as I have not noticed myself.

Maybe its just me, but after having The City for some time I've not found it as exciting or engaging as Blood Moon was.   We've actually only played twice, since we got the set.  We play with all expansions so its not like we're not avoiding using it during play.

Just hasn't been as exciting as we thought. But then we only play, *maybe* once a month and things have been hectic lately with the weekend schedule.

Does anyone else feel underwhelmed by the City? I will admit to one thing though: I find myself thing more about how the dynamics of Blood Moon (day/night) could affect the City. Just don't have consensus on house rule changes at this point.

#3 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#4 Regulator18

Regulator18

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

Wow, good eye.  I never would have noticed that.  But your question sparked my interest as I do love a good mystery.  I looked through everything in the City Board game too, and you were right, I could not find this woman.  Upon close inspection of the artwork, the way her fingers and face look, she looks like a vampire to me.  So I looked through the last expansion, Blood Moon, and she was not there either.  Maybe this was simply some left over artwork from the Blood Moon expansion that they put on the lid of the City box.  The mystery remains unsolved for now. 

#5 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

I wouldn't even say this character is absoloutely female. Hair might not be long enough.

But from the old City space on the main board are three characters that don't have 'new' game aspects ie; a new space or card etc inside the expansion.

So she's The Enchantress? (looks more like a Squire to me, Page, etc.)

#6 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Interesting… Does any know the artist or have a larger print-picture.. Maybe with the artists approval a card could be made?

#7 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

0beron said:

I wouldn't even say this character is absoloutely female. Hair might not be long enough.

But from the old City space on the main board are three characters that don't have 'new' game aspects ie; a new space or card etc inside the expansion.

So she's The Enchantress? (looks more like a Squire to me, Page, etc.)

Sounds like you think that we talk about the "guy" to the left of the red headed lady (the Spendthrift card I think it is), wich we're not. The discussion is about the woman to the very right side of the box. The one with the red hair.

#8 Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

its the spendthrift

#9 Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

disregard my last comment didnt realize you were refering to the far right picture

#10 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

wELL, me too.  But I don't feel either of those scream male or female, entirely. Kinda ambiguous to me, either of them. Like a character in an Andre Norton fantasy (get the reference? she has females 'passing' as males in some stories)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS