Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Name:Oakenshield Port
Expansion set: The Pirates of Lys
Type:Location
Cost: 2
Affiliations(s): Baratheon
Trait(s): The Reach
Text: 
The Reach. When Oakenshield Port enters play put 6 gold tokens from the treasury on it.  Response: After you win a challenge, discard 1 gold token from Oakenshield Port to claim 1 power for your House (discard 2 gold tokens to claim 2 power for your House instead if a  attacker or defender was participating in that challenge).

Can someone who is a more adept with the rules than I am clarify the way this card works when coming into play with House of Dreams?

Thanks!

#2 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Tywin said:

Text: 
The Reach. When Oakenshield Port enters play put 6 gold tokens from the treasury on it.  Response: After you win a challenge, discard 1 gold token from Oakenshield Port to claim 1 power for your House (discard 2 gold tokens to claim 2 power for your House instead if a  attacker or defender was participating in that challenge).

Can someone who is a more adept with the rules than I am clarify the way this card works when coming into play with House of Dreams?

Thanks!

Since it uses the text "when… enters play," instead of "when you play…," I would assume it gains the 6 gold at the start of the first plot phase if used for HoD location, as per the game start mechanics. If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I would need to see a very good argument to oppose this.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#3 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

stormwolf27 said:

Tywin said:

Text: 

Thanks!

Since it uses the text "when… enters play," instead of "when you play…," I would assume it gains the 6 gold at the start of the first plot phase if used for HoD location, as per the game start mechanics. If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I would need to see a very good argument to oppose this.

edit post not allowed. Disregard, pls.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS