Photo

Merchant and Assassins guild alternative endings can't be hidden endings?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

danskmacabre

danskmacabre

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

In Talsiman,whic we have just bought the city expansion for we use the ruling that the alternative endings are drawn randomly and then kept face down and only revealed when someone reaches the Crown of command.

It seems that the Merchants guild and assassins guild alternative endings lbreak that rule though as they are the only 2 endings that actually change gameplay right from the start of the game.  

Am I right in saying that?

I think so, so I guess I'll have to remove those endings from play… Strange.  

Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

There are quite a bit of other endings that start out revealed like those two you named.

Warlock Quests from The Frostmarch expansion,

Sacred Pool from the Sacred Pool expansion,

Dragon Slayers and Domain of Dragons from The Dragon expansion

Lightbearers from the Blood Moon expansion

There you have it. With Assassins guild and Merchant Guild there are 7 of them ;)

danskmacabre

danskmacabre

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Ah ok. I don't have: The sacred pool, The Dragon or bloodmoon so didn't know that.

I have Frostmarch, but didn't look closely at the alternative endings so missed the warlock one (and it hasn't come up yet).

Hmm, I guess I will separate those game changer ones andf offer them up as an alternative up front.

If no-one wants to go for that then pick one of the rest randomly….

Thanks for the info.

Publish

Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

How often, after playing a Talisman game for 2-3 hours do you feel like playing for another hour or two after getting to the crown? All of the hidden endings more or less have a resolution to the game that is reasonably achivable, unlike gaining 20 gold - which could take a whole game to aquire. Thats why the endings that require players to gain things prior to winning are face up from the begining.

Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

Bolithio said:

How often, after playing a Talisman game for 2-3 hours do you feel like playing for another hour or two after getting to the crown? All of the hidden endings more or less have a resolution to the game that is reasonably achivable, unlike gaining 20 gold - which could take a whole game to aquire. Thats why the endings that require players to gain things prior to winning are face up from the begining.

Never, since games are over before reaching the 2 hour mark.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

Dam said:

Bolithio said:

Never, since games are over before reaching the 2 hour mark.

Tell that to a guy I know. Apparently he and his friends had been playing a game for 11 hours :P

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS