Viper Probe Droid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I've been debating wether or not to put in Killing Cold into my sith deck. I would be taking out my only two imperial objectives (both being Imperial Command)

Has anyone tried out Killing Cold yet?

#2 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Break down

Obj- Killing cold- not good for sith- DS healing objective is strong but for a sith deck when you have to kill one of your units? (2/5)

Twist of fate- no comment needed depending on your current deck you know if you need it or not  (4/5)

Fear- I've not had a lot of issues winning the Force struggle as sith and with Jedi recursion this is kinda weak (3/5)

Icetromper- seems better suited to an aggro deck but the extra undefended that could give and the 1 damage out of combat works very well (4/5)

Average score 68/100

#3 phyzycs

phyzycs

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

cooleo1c said:

I've been debating wether or not to put in Killing Cold into my sith deck. I would be taking out my only two imperial objectives (both being Imperial Command)

Has anyone tried out Killing Cold yet?

I LOVE Killing Cold. It's one of my favorite new objective sets. Icetromper is by far one of the best defenders. It's an always 1 unit damage and an action to do another damage to any non vehicle unit and remove them from the engagement. Essentially, it's 2 damage total at the expense of sacrificing him. It's amazing. He has his own built in combo basically. You defend with him and deal your one damage to a weenie. Then, during your action phase you destroy another 1 health weenie. It's really strong.

Desolation of Hoth is another amazing card. So many times have I been able to use this card to kill off an Obi Wan or a Luke by surprise. It's 1 for 1 damage transfer. It feel kind of like a broken ability. It's just REALLY good. If you don't have a Hoth obj out, no problem because it's a 3 force card. That's so good.

Fear is also really strong. It's just another way to control the field. The twist is also very useful.

Even the obj ability is amazing. When it comes down to the last turn and your opponent MIGHT be able to destroy the last objective to win, you start sacrificing your field to heal. If your opponent has just the right amount of damage to kill off your objective, you won because you can sacrifice and heal enough to keep it alive. It gives you, as the Sith player, MORE options. Options are good.

Overall, this is a great pod and is one of my favorites. Play around with this and learn the best way to use these cards. Look through the Sith set and find the synergy. It's there =)

#4 RedSquadronK

RedSquadronK

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

Personally, I'm a huge proponent of The Killing Cold.

While the in-pod synergy is a little low, if you combine it with a few other sets it can be fantastic.

My favorite trick thus far: after my opponent refreshes, I use the Action on The Killing Cold to sacrifice my Probe Droid and use the interrupt to blow up their very damaged 2-resource objective. There goes 2 resources they can't use for an entire round of turns.

Anyway, I think it's a fun objective right now and will become brutally good with the release of more Hoth objectives.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS