Compiled FFG rulings-

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

This is a thread devoted to specific rulings not covered in the most recent FAQ. I'm in the process of reading through everything to hunt down the current responses any help would be appreciated.  If at all possible include the whole text- Q & A- as well as a link the the origional thread if applicable.

http://www.fantasyfl...=4&efidt=796950

Rule Question:
If A Journey to Dagobah is destroyed and its Interrupt is used to put Decoy at Dantooine into play, can Decoy's Interrupt then be also triggered by the destruction of Journey? It seems like that would work to me as Decoy would be put into play before the destruction of Journey.

Correct -- the interrupt on Journey to Dagobah triggers before it leaves play, and you are still resolving an objective leaving play, so that you would be able to trigger the newly arrived Decoy.

Nate French
Senior LCG Designer
Fantasy Flight Games

#2 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Might as well add the one about Fear and Shi Cho as well. 

#3 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

from http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=340&efcid=4&efidt=798961l

."> Rule Question: > The card "Fear" (from Desolation of Hoth) removes a unit from the force struggle, if able. Does this mean that if he is currently committed to the force, his force card is detached from him and returned to his controller's pool of available force cards? From Nate: "Yes, the Force card is removed and returned to the pool."Publish

#4 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

From http://www.fantasyfl...=4&efidt=798673

Rule Question: This came up on the forums and I couldn't give a definitive answer: can Shii-Cho Training split all unit damage or only non edge enabled unit damage? Thanks.

From Nate French: If the light side player won the edge battle, it is all unit damage icons that can be split.

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I haven't had the chance to post this full reply elsewhere yet:

The value of Edge (x) would stack from multiple sources. This is true whether the multiple sources are from different units participating in a single engagement, or from a single unit gaining Edge from multiple cards: X is going to be cumulative.

Non-value dependent keywords are a case where you either have the keyword or you don't and if you have it the effect resolves. Having it multiple times does not alter the effect. So they do not stack in the sense that having Elite "twice" is better than having Elite "once." Hypothetically, it could become mildly useful in the sense that a unit could have Elite, be gaining Elite from an enhancement, and then encounter an ill-effect that says something like "Target unit loses Elite until the end of the phase." This would be a case where the equation would be "2 instances of Elite, and 1 instance of losing Elite; the unit still has Elite."

Nate

On Mar 20, 2013, at 5:36 AM, <> wrote:

Message from:
Matthew Brown

Rule Question:
When a card gains the Edge keyword from multiple sources (e.g. 2 copies of Hoth Operations with a Speeder), do those instances of Edge stack? A similar question for Elite and Shielding (though I can't think of any ways to double up Elite yet).

#6 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks I just kind of said that to expand on another thread. good to know I was right in my explanation. If you come across anything else let me know. I read through the entire "rules questions"  board and checked to see if it was answered by the FAQ and this is all I have so far. 

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

just Logan said:

Thanks I just kind of said that to expand on another thread. good to know I was right in my explanation. If you come across anything else let me know. I read through the entire "rules questions"  board and checked to see if it was answered by the FAQ and this is all I have so far. 

And I believe that you were expanding on my short, typed from my phone, version of the explanation. Worked out well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS