Attacking at different phases.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Ok so I understand that the LS can attack the DS during the first turn. Can someone explain this? At what point can the LS attack the DS during the first turn?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

During the conflict phase of the LS's first turn.

#3 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Actually i believe it's possible for the LS to attack during DS very first turn. During the deployment phase, I think the LS can play events and stuff.

#4 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

NerdRulez said:

Actually i believe it's possible for the LS to attack during DS very first turn. During the deployment phase, I think the LS can play events and stuff.

I think your original post implies that you're wondering how LS can somehow break into a Conflict Phase type setting vs DS on the DS first turn.  Since the entire Conflict Phase is skipped for the DS player's first turn, your options are limited.

If by "attack" you just mean to play cards to mess up your opponent, you could totally do that.  If you drew into Rebel Assault for your starting hand, you could absolutely play it on the DS player's first turn to soften an Objective or take out whatever unit they deployed.

However, you need to realize that spending resources means you've put Focus tokens down on cards.  On the LS player's first turn, you do not remove Focus tokens in your Refresh Phase.  For a LS player to drop an Event on the DS player on the DS opening turn, and for that event to cost anything, the LS player would need to really gain a huge advantage by playing it, otherwise they're basically missing their first turn, or limiting its options.

I've yet to play a game as the LS or against the LS where the LS fired off an Event on the DS opening turn.

#5 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

LS gets to refrsh on their 1st turn 

#6 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 698 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

just Logan said:

No, they do not.  They skip the part of the refresh phase where they remove focus tokens..

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

just Logan said:

Wrong, rules page 12

1. He removes one focus token from each card in
his play area.

Exception: During his first turn only, the LS player
does not take this step
of the refresh phase.

#8 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

just Logan said:

I thought you needed one more person telling you that you're wrong and a horrible person. You should feel ashamed.

#9 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

I should I even looked it up must have just been all the tired.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS