• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FrieK

FrieK

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Hi,

I've got a few questions that I don't seem to find the immediate answer to, any help is much appreciated! :)

So far we've only played 1v1, so without the Titles.

1. Where are those Agenda cards? I got the basic 4 House decks, but none of them contains a card that says 'Agenda' or the sample card shown in the rulebook.
  2. In each House deck there is 1-2 Red cards, how are they used? Are they only for the Titles?
  3. Do you switch between House decks during the game? Because there are neutral characters and some that can belong to multiple Houses. If so, when do you make the switch and how is it determined?
  4. Limited cards, you can have multiple in your setup? And you can only use 1 during the round, correct?
  5. Maximum amount of cards in your setup, is that 8 or is there no maximum? If so, is there a maximum amount of characters as well?
  6. If a player Challenges me, and I have 1 character Standing for the Challenge Type involved, am I obliged to play it? Or can I say, no I keep it standing, and then use it when it's my own turn?

Many thanks!

Greets

#2 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

FrieK said:

Hi,

I've got a few questions that I don't seem to find the immediate answer to, any help is much appreciated! :)

So far we've only played 1v1, so without the Titles.

1. Where are those Agenda cards? I got the basic 4 House decks, but none of them contains a card that says 'Agenda' or the sample card shown in the rulebook.
  2. In each House deck there is 1-2 Red cards, how are they used? Are they only for the Titles?
  3. Do you switch between House decks during the game? Because there are neutral characters and some that can belong to multiple Houses. If so, when do you make the switch and how is it determined?
  4. Limited cards, you can have multiple in your setup? And you can only use 1 during the round, correct?
  5. Maximum amount of cards in your setup, is that 8 or is there no maximum? If so, is there a maximum amount of characters as well?
  6. If a player Challenges me, and I have 1 character Standing for the Challenge Type involved, am I obliged to play it? Or can I say, no I keep it standing, and then use it when it's my own turn?

Many thanks!

Greets

1. There are no Agendas in the core-set, so you don't need to worry about them yet.

2. The red-backed cards are just the "titles". They form a part of the multiplayer game if you're not using the board/figurines instead, but are not a part of the decks themselves.

3. You do not switch draw decks mid-game. There are no card effects anywhere in the game that would do so.

4. You can only PLACE one during setup, you can only PLAY one (during marshalling) per round. If you can find a way to "put into play" a limited card (no way to do so in the core set), you can bypass the limited keyword as it only affects PLAYING or PLACING. You can always USE as many cards with the limited keywords as you have in play.

5. You draw 7 cards and place as many as you can afford (5g worth) during your setup, then redraw up to 7. There is no maximum amount of characters (well, technically 7, I guess). Later in the game, after setup, there is no limit on your hand size or the number of characters (or anything else) in play.

6. You are not obligated to use a character to participate in a challenge for which it is eligeable. Choosing not to defend and save a character for a later attack is a very common play.

#3 FrieK

FrieK

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Perfect, thank you for clearing that up. :)

#4 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

-Istaril said:

(no way to do so in the core set)

That's not entirely correct. Off the top of my head, there's Bran the Builder's Legacy. You could use that to put into play a limited location even though you've played another one during Marshalling the same round.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS