Timing structure

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ksedih

Ksedih

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Can I rez "Experiental Data" after opponent pay for using icebreaker, to increase the strenght of encountered "Wall of Static"? Opponent will be missed strenght and run the end with the opponent lose credits?

The same with the Nisei MK II - can I end the run after opponent pay for using icebreaker but befor opponent pass encountered ICE?

#2 Clearbeard

Clearbeard

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Ksedih said:

Can I rez "Experiental Data" after opponent pay for using icebreaker, to increase the strenght of encountered "Wall of Static"? Opponent will be missed strenght and run the end with the opponent lose credits?

The same with the Nisei MK II - can I end the run after opponent pay for using icebreaker but befor opponent pass encountered ICE?

You can rez Experiential Data after the opponent pays to use his icebreakers, but all the routines are already broken so it will have no effect on that Wall of Static.  You would have to rez it at the same time you rez the ice (or when the runner decides he's encountering the already rezzed wall) for it to be useful.

Nisei Mk II can be used any time paid abilities can be used.  Usually this is after passing all ICE (and paying the credits to do so) and after declining to jack out, but just before accessing any cards.

#3 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

1) no. Ice breakers interact at 3.1 and if it is not rezzed before that point the the routines will already be broken. 2) yes. You can use it any time you can use paid abilities… particulaly lethal if combined with chum and used at 2.3 (after ice is rezzed and encountered but before routines can be broken…. think data mine)

#4 Carist

Carist

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Tzeechel said:

1) no. Ice breakers interact at 3.1 and if it is not rezzed before that point the the routines will already be broken. 2) yes. You can use it any time you can use paid abilities… particulaly lethal if combined with chum and used at 2.3 (after ice is rezzed and encountered but before routines can be broken…. think data mine)

Chum would not work if you ended the run at 2.3. The runner doesn't encounter the ice until step 3.

#5 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

Yup, remembered the sequence incorrectly (maybe wishful thinking?lol). Nisei at 3.1 if they don't have an ai breaker or tinkering so they get chum-mined twice if they run the server again.

#6 Ksedih

Ksedih

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Thx all. I understood.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS