An idea

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 asylumspadez

asylumspadez

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

I bought the Princes of The Sun expansion. 3 decks, same 60 cards for 22 dollars on Amazon. After buying it, I had this idea (an old one probably talked about before but hey, I can try):

Make solo starter decks for 10 bucks each. I am a casual player, I have no need for 3 decks with the exact same cards. When I play with my fam, We play as different houses. Unless you are a serious card game who builds decks and all that or if you and your friends own the game and are splitting the cost then there really is no need for a 3 deck expansion. What do you guys think?

#2 Inquisition

Inquisition

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

The expansions aren't really 3 decks per sey, they are giving you enough copies of cards so you can run multiple copies of cards in a single deck without having to buy anything else (a complete set of any given card is 3 copies). If you want to stick with preconstructed decks, I'd suggest just staying with the Core set and deluxe expansions (using the preconstructed deck ideas that come in them).

#3 RobotMartini

RobotMartini

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Yeah… the deluxe boxes don't really provide prebuilt experiences. Rather, a wealth of customization options for your existing card pool or just within the box.

That said, more pre-built options would be a nice way to bridge the play experience for casual players and, possibly, provide a hook for more regular and accessable at-retail play. (prebuild only nights) though that would really benefit from some sort of draft packs too to liven up the experience and then we start talking about random card assortments and the LCG scene generally doesn't like that…

#4 asylumspadez

asylumspadez

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Also, another idea to selling all the chapter packs in one expansion. Again, If they made the cards more affordable and with more options to buy from then I'd probably end up buying more.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS