I want to do a re-working of Deathwatch because I really prefer the newer BC/OW rules to the older, clunkier ones. The one part I'm really hung up on is the Specialties; help me boil down what they need to do? I'm struggling with a few of them.
- Tactical: Needs to find his role in things. He's not as good as shooting as the Devastator, not as good in a brawl as the Assault, not as smart as the Apothecary or Techmarine… I need massive help with this one.
- Assault: Needs to be really good at whacking the bad guys until they die. Works best as a sort of dueling combatant; focus on killing single targets in melee. Potentially give him bonuses to damage to Magnitude or something to make him 'tank'-y; considering a mechanic similar to a Fighter's Mark in 4e D&D.
- Devastator: Needs to be really good at shooting lots of dudes with a big weapon, or shooting one big thing with even bigger weapon. Most easily done by giving him bonuses to spraying Full-Auto, dealing Magnitude damage with Heavy weapons, or something about destroying vehicles and massive creatures.
- Apothecary: Needs to escape the 'healbot' role. Keep his bonuses to healing the Kill-Team but also give him extra poisons and drugs maybe?? I need help on this one.
- Techmarine: Needs to fix things, drive the vehicles, and be smart to boot. Overlaps with the Apothecary in being the smart guy. I need help on this one.
- Librarian: Needs to stop being a one-man wrecking machine, instead focusing on party buffs like a good Wizard. Perhaps just build a new Psychic Power list?
I could also use some help with what gear everyone should get.