Lando and Wedge 2 Ship List?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

I was wondering if there's a relatively viable list that could be made for Rebels that only involves Lando and Wedge.  I like to build themey lists in addition to tournament ones, but it's always nice if you can do both in one shot.  It also speeds up the game a lot when you're only dealing with 2 ships at the start.

So at a glance, I was thinking something like this;

Wedge: 41pts

R2-D2, Expose, Engine Upgrade

Lando: 56pts

Nien Nunb, Millennium Falcon, Engine Upgrade, Veteran Instincts, Luke Skywalker

I originally had it as the Gunner, but since I couldn't get anything else for 3 points, I subbed in Luke to get it to 99pts total.  The idea is to use the Boost action with Wedge and Lando to minimize incoming fire arcs.  Lando can shoot 360 so his facing isn't as important, and if he moves green, he can give Wedge an Action, so Wedge can do a Boost to scoot out of sight and use Expose to put a hurting on something.

Luke is there to keep Lando's shooting in an optimal state.  Veteran Instincts helps Lando shoot ahead of most of the competition.  I could also drop the Falcon and sub the Gunner back in to put a missile/torpedo in there instead.

Thoughts and criticisms would be appreciated.  Rememeber, my goal is to make a 100pt list using only Lando and Wedge's ships.

#2 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

My personal preference would be drop Expose and R2-D2 and get Push the Limit and a plain R2 astromech. With this, you can boost, focus and target lock in one turn, then execute a 1 or 2 speed move and drop stress from the R2.

Rinse and repeat.

This also gives you enough points for a missile on the Falcon or a Torpedo on Wedge..

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#3 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Englishpete said:

My personal preference would be drop Expose and R2-D2 and get Push the Limit and a plain R2 astromech. With this, you can boost, focus and target lock in one turn, then execute a 1 or 2 speed move and drop stress from the R2.

Rinse and repeat.

This also gives you enough points for a missile on the Falcon or a Torpedo on Wedge..

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Sounds like a plan.  I included R2-D2 with survivability in mind, but it would be worth exploring Push the Limit and generic R2 instead to keep Wedge loaded up on actions.  With the leftover points based on your suggestion, I would probably put the Proton Torpedo on Wedge, to take advantage of his ability and put a Range 3 blast on something early in the game, or save it as a closing move at Range 2 once the ships are all zooming around each other.

Decisions, decisions…

#4 Endgame124

Endgame124

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Man, I had a huge post typed up for this, but I lost it.  Here is the short version:

Lando:
Its hard to boost and barrel roll w/ Lando, so I'd consider swapping the engine upgrade to shield upgrade.  Nien Nunb doesn't stack very well when flying with higher skill pilots because to take advantage of Nien Nunb you need to move quite far, usually out of Lando Range.  Vet Instincts might be better swapped with Draw Their Fire so you can help keep Wedge alive as long as possible.  To facilitate keeping wedge alive you may want to stack in Chewie on Lando to get the max possible hit poitns.

Wedge:
Expose + target lock on Wedge doesn't work out any better hit wise on average rolls than wedge + target lock + focus.  Given that, I'd be temptd to swap for push the limits.  R2D2 is nice with push the limits given how you're getting stress all the time but also clearing it for R2, but with Lando around, I'd be tempted to go push the limits + R2 F2 + Stealth Device on Wedge.  On most turns you can use wedge's action to use R2 F2 and the free action on Target Lock or Focus, but when you really look like you're going to have a lot of incoming fire, use Lando for Focus and push the limits for TL & R2F2, making wedge Defense 4 / 5 @ long range.  

So, the proposed changes would look something like this:

Lando, Draw Their Fire, Chewie, Luke, Shield Upgrade, Millenium Falcon
Wedge, R2-F2, Push the Limits, Stealth Device

Thats 99 points.  If you want, you can put Engine Upgrade on Wedge instead for 100 points even - it slightly lowers wedge's defense at the potential of moving out of enemy firing arcs.  

#5 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

R2-D2 is not good with PtL, you have to few green manuveres, hence the plain R2 making all 1 and 2 moves green. If you use R2D2, it's easy to predict where Wedge will be.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#6 Endgame124

Endgame124

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Englishpete said:

R2-D2 is not good with PtL, you have to few green manuveres, hence the plain R2 making all 1 and 2 moves green. If you use R2D2, it's easy to predict where Wedge will be.

it depends on the game situation - i've had Dutch heal 5 shields during a tournament game by moving one forward every round, so predictable isn't always bad.  There are also the mid game breaks where some ships have been destoryed and there isn't a ton of coordinated fire going one.  During those moments, you can heal back both shields and be good for another pass.  I've been meaning to run Horton / dutch with a Shield Upgrade and R2D2 supported by something with draw their fire for some mid field ion cannoning / targetlocking goodness, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

#7 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

I built a Battle Over Endor squad before the new stuff came out but after it was revealed, so I haven't playtested this but I bet it'll work, and it also throws another ship on your previously 2-ship build

Wedge Antilles (36 points)
-Expert Handling, R2 Astromech, Proton Torpedoes
Lando Calrissian (47 points)
-Veteran Instincts, Millenium Falcon, Nein Numb
A-W Prototype Pilot (17 points)

It's also completely thematic, including the weapons and co-pilots of the respective ships (except the A-Wing, but Tycho, Lando, and Wedge are 99 even with no upgrades, so…)

#8 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I think I would put concussion missiles on the awing vs torps on Wedge.

#9 Ozmodon65

Ozmodon65

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

I played the two ship combo and it was fun but had no chance at all. We play for fun, not trying to win any competitions

#10 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

I like the list but i tried a 3-ship approach featuring Biggs. Because it doesn't work out for 1 point to give Biggs R2-F2 with Lando, it looked like this:

Chewbacca

- Draw their Fire

Wedge

Biggs

- R2-F2

comes in at 100 and gives up some offense (Lando's free action) for a little defense with Chewie and Biggs. Well it's just i don't really see myself running a 2-ship build because everyone will just kill Wedge dead and then Lando's action is lost anyway… But its up to player preference of course.

I also had another list with Lando, Garven And Biggs which had space for the falcon title and Nien… Could as well give Lando veteran instincts instead…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS