Couple of rulings clarification

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daenarys

Daenarys

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

My opponent has the Iron Throne that cancels a characters response and then kneels the character.

a) If i have Khal Drogo in my hand and have just won a challenge he would then bounce into play. Am i correct in stating that this cannot be cancelled because the response occurs when Khal Drogo is not in play ?

b) I have Varamyrs in play which allows me to return to my hand and bring a creature into play.If the Iron Throne is in play and chooses to cancel the response am i correct in stating that Varamyrs would kneel BUT a creature would still go into play as this is the cost ?

Thanks

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

1. Yes. CS Khal Drogo's response is triggered from out of play, so it is not a character ability.
  2. Varamyr's effect is triggered from play, so it is a character ability. The cost of that ability is bringing a Creature character into play from your hand, so it will still happen if the effect is cancelled, while the effect (returning Varamyr to your hand and discarding the Creature from play at the end of the phase) will not happen.

#3 Totalgit

Totalgit

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

…cant delete posts so lala move along..

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS