Photo

FFG could you please produce card packs/boosters???

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Devon Greatwolf

Devon Greatwolf

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Just want to throw it out there…

I would really be interested and excited to see FFG realease card packs/boosters in order to have an additional avenue to obtain items like ship upgrades, weapons, and the like.  I believe having the pilots only avaiable with ship expansions makes sense, but it would really be nice to have the possibilty to get more stealth upgrades without having to buy multiple copies of the Firespray-31.  I would truly love to be able to build the following list with out proxy copies of Steath.

=====================
Howlrunner's Wolfpack
=====================

100 points

Pilots
------

Howlrunner (25)
Upgrades: Expose (4), Stealth Device (3)

Academy Pilot (15)
Upgrades: Stealth Device (3)

Academy Pilot (15)

Academy Pilot (15)

Academy Pilot (15)

Academy Pilot (15)

4 X-Wing Core Sets, 2 Imperial Aces, 6 Tie Fighters, 5 Interceptors, 4 Tie Advanced, 2 Bombers, 2 Lamdas, 4 Slave 1's, 1 Tie Defender, 3 X-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 Y-wings, 3 B-wings, 3 YT-1300's, 2 HWK's... Star Wars LCG - 2 Core Sets, 2 EoD, and all expansions through current; Android: Netrunner LCG - 2 Core Sets and all expansions through current; A Game of Thrones LCG - 2 Core Sets and all expansions through current; Elder Sign w/Unseen Forces, Eldritch Horror w/Foresaken Lore, Warhammer Fantasy: Disk Wars with all current expansions

#2 kay_dawg

kay_dawg

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

I just scanned and printed extra cards from my printer. Printed them on a semi gloss paper, cut them out, stuffed them into a sleave and Vola…..extra Stealth Cards in the kit

#3 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

kay_dawg said:

I just scanned and printed extra cards from my printer. Printed them on a semi gloss paper, cut them out, stuffed them into a sleave and Vola…..extra Stealth Cards in the kit

It's work good for casual games, but I think it's forbidden in tournaments, I think only printed by FFG is allowed, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#4 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Kaxel Vofer said:

kay_dawg said:

It's work good for casual games, but I think it's forbidden in tournaments, I think only printed by FFG is allowed, greettings.

That is correct. Those printed cards are considered proxies, which cannot be used in tournaments. We have a guy here who stated that he is going to do that along with make molds of the models to so he doesn't have to pay for multiples.

#5 Lord_of_Itza

Lord_of_Itza

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

I would have to think that FFG already has this in mind.  The cards will simply have to be replaced from time to time due to heavy play or actual loss.  It seems like a nice easy way to make a little extra profit.  Of course, then again, it might be more profitable to stick a really good card with a large ship, but I think that would lead to angry players.  

#6 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I would like to be able to get boosters of new kinds of pilots. IE a pack of new x-wing pilots. y-wing pilots and so on. 

#7 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

I like the idea of more pilots. This would also have to include more pilot bases.  I'd like to see Wes Janson as a pilot in a Y-wing with a pilot upgrade ability and maybe a y-wing that has a copilot upgrade because some of the Y-wings were/are two seaters. 

#8 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

they'll never print a card pack of existing cards, sorry. It would be unprofitable, plain and simple.  It's not impossible, though, that existing cards like PTL or SD may show up in future ships.  A B-Wing might come with Deadeye or Push The Limit (due to its extreme engineering design) and we might get a TIE Stealth Bomber, for example.

What I could see them possibly doing is expanding the available portfolio of pilots for existing ships by printing Cards/Base tokens through their Print On Demand process. Jek Porkins or Jorg Sucal for X-Wings, etc.  That way there'd be no confusion between a Wave 1 X-Wing expansion and a Wave * X-Wing.

#9 rowdyoctopus

rowdyoctopus

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Grimwalker said:

they'll never print a card pack of existing cards, sorry. It would be unprofitable, plain and simple.

I'm trying to think how it would be unprofitable when it is desireable to have lots of upgrade cards but one might not need/want the ship needed to get that card.  Are you trying to say they will make more money by linking the cards to ships, and thus forcing people to buy multiples of ships they otherwise would not?  That could be true, but I also think there are probably people out there that see no need in having multiple YT-1300s or Firesprays but would buy a pack of cards that included the upgrades/modifications that come with them.

They already make a separate dice pack.  I see no reason why we wouldn't, down the line (after another wave or two), see packs of upgrades and modifications.  It really depends on what direction they go though.  As people are quick to point out, we are quickly running out of ships that A) appeared in the original trilogy, and B) fit the scale of the game.

#10 kay_dawg

kay_dawg

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Kaxel Vofer said:

kay_dawg said:

I hear yea….but I don't plan on joining in on any tournaments, well at least ones that aren't at my LGS. I play with a group of peeps that are pretty chill so I won't get any flack from it.

#11 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

A booster pack that had one random imp pilot and one random x-wing pilot would be freaking awesome. It would at least give people the options to get different pilots on the board and would throw in interesting monkey wrneches for certain builds. It would them become Star Wars: Magic in Space though. 

#12 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Devon Greatwolf said:

Just want to throw it out there…

I would really be interested and excited to see FFG realease card packs/boosters in order to have an additional avenue to obtain items like ship upgrades, weapons, and the like.  I believe having the pilots only avaiable with ship expansions makes sense, but it would really be nice to have the possibilty to get more stealth upgrades without having to buy multiple copies of the Firespray-31.  I would truly love to be able to build the following list with out proxy copies of Steath.

=====================
Howlrunner's Wolfpack
=====================

100 points

Pilots
------

Howlrunner (25)
Upgrades: Expose (4), Stealth Device (3)

Academy Pilot (15)

Academy Pilot (15)

Academy Pilot (15)

Academy Pilot (15)

Academy Pilot (15)

you are of course absolutely right about the cards. Also the cardboard ones… I have a Y-Wing, but last tournament the little cardboard Piece for the plastic base of my Horton Salm/Gray squadron disappeared. So now i have no possibility of getting it back since it's a french version and EDGE don't even have a proper customer service for my request at all… I would of course pay for it but no chance!

They should really sell booster packs, i know it is more profitable to sell people 3 Firesprays for their stealth devices but in the long run it is a bad decision not to… Playerbase will be bigger and they will sell more if they had it.

By the way i have no idea why in your list Howlrunner gets Expose, you want her to live till the end. Perhaps Swarm tactics or Elusiveness or Push the limit, not something that just gets her killed faster!

#13 KingJackalope

KingJackalope

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

I think Pilots with Ship cards would be a great idea for a pack/booster. I'd love to see a YT-1300 controled by a Bounty Hunter (Assuming in game all BH's are Imperial) and some Firespray-31 controled by a Smuggler (Assuming in game all Smugglers are Rebels). It seems like some ships should be "neutral" in that either side COULD have them, just like these 2. There are other ships X-Wings/Ties etc that don't make sense being on the other side and I agree with that but the ones that can be, lets see some of those options.

#14 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'd love to have more Shield and Engine upgrades, I'm just not sure I'd ever use the second Falcon I'd have to buy to get them.

#15 Cannor

Cannor

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

This would be a great idea. I noticed while tinkering around on Voidstate's squad builder that I'd have to buy the Falcon and the Slave 1 to get the upgrades I'd like to play with. It's not such a big deal now as I've yet to get any wave 2 stuff, but further down the line it'd be a bit annoying to have to get a second Falcon or whatever for more of a certain card.

#16 executor

executor

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

nimdabew said:

A booster pack that had one random imp pilot and one random x-wing pilot would be freaking awesome. It would at least give people the options to get different pilots on the board and would throw in interesting monkey wrneches for certain builds. It would them become Star Wars: Magic in Space though. 

i think the idea of "random" cards is a bad idea and one of the reasons why I got into this game in the first place.  Knowing exactly what you're getting for your money sits better in the eyes of the majority of people

randomization of cards only makes people waste money and spend more than they intended and can kill a game that's working fine. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" are words to live by..

plus randomized booster packs will open up a separate market for those selling singles and marking up the costs, forcing those that want the desired cards to pay a premium all while making larger profits that would be better off put into FFG's hands so they can put more of that money into the game in turn

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#17 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

It be something like x-wing pack with a couple new  pilots, mod cards and r2 droids

Y-wing pack couple pilots mods r2 droids and so on.

#18 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

It be something like x-wing pack with a couple new  pilots, mod cards and r2 droids

Y-wing pack couple pilots mods r2 droids and so on.

#19 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

I would probably get a pack of cards if said pack had 1 of each upgrade, weapon, astromech and crew card.  Personally I would like to see some sort of official scenario book with special rules and maybe new rules for mass battles that sort of thing.

#20 Bazinga

Bazinga

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

What they should do is to allow proxies at home, If it's official tournament and you have your modals and prooff of purchase for a small fee buy missing cards or other stuff on the day or via their site only. Make it so when you buy a product you can log it online the day or week of purchase and you just need to request replacements. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS