Crazy Cob

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

HI, just to make sure im playing it right; the Crazy Cob in Flies and Spiders attacks the character with the the most poison attached when its revealed. So it comes down out of the staging area, fights with that character etc, then in the combat stage it fights again? Or does it stay in the staging area and attacks the most poisoned character from there?

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

I don't have the card text handy, but I believe he will just attack from the staging area and stay there.  Unless the text specifically says he engages a player, he can just attack from the staging area. 

#3 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

Ok thanks for that. I agree, as the card doesnt say engage character, just attack it.

#4 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Sorry guys, another follow on crazy cob question. In a game last night, crazy cob was revealed and went to attack the character with the most poisoned attached. Gimli had 4 poisons attached and also Beorn had 4 attached. Both of them were already committed to the quest so i was a bit unsure what to do. In the end i opted to do an undefended attack on Gimli. Is this correct or does the crazy cob attack the character with the most poisoned attached whether it is exhausted or not?? (As i could have put 3 damage on an exhausted Beorn).

#5 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

There's a bit in the new FAQ about attacks that target a character instead of a player.  Basically it says that these attacks work exactly the same way, EXCEPT that if the attack is undefended, the damage must go on the specified character.  Otherwise, any eligible character can exhaust to defend against the attack.  Also, if both characters have an equal number of poison, you may choose which character is targeted.  This is true for other effects as well, like Sacks targeting characters in We Must Away Ere Break of Day.  If a Sack targets the character with the highest printed Willpower, but you have a couple of characters who are tied, you can choose who gets Sacked.

Also: Beorn (the hero) can't have attachments -- any!  If you are using the Beorn hero in Flies and Spiders, he cannot be poisoned.  If you were using the ally card from the Core set, no problems, but if you were using the hero, he shouldn't have had any poison in the first place.

#6 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

Great thanks again for the info. I will go and have a good look at the FAQs.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS