• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hello all,

I'm thinking of running an Only War game, but due to lack of time am thinking of going with a published adventure -- of which there aren't many.

Going through the WH40KRP advantures that I DO have, I think that Shades on Twlight might be adaptable -- having grunts on it instead of Acolytes might give it kind of an Aliens feel. BUT I have problems rationalizing what the IG would be doing on a space hulk. Also, I would want to take out Brother what's his name.

Any ideas? Perhaps the group's IG troop carrier happens to emerge into realspace near the hulk and they decide to investigate. Or -- there are secret inquistorial orders to the regiment commander to investigate (a la Alien), What do you think?

#2 LuciusT

LuciusT

• Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Well, there couldbe any number of reasons. At the most basic, the Imperial Guard is huge, and thus far more likely to have people on hand to investigate, and the characters unit happens to be the to get tapped. More elaborate reasons include the Inquistion commandeering the character's unit (a fairly standard practice really) to - on the funny side - a horrible clerical error somewhere (someone in the Imperial beaucracy tranposed a digit and thought the characters unit was Inquisitorial Storm Troopers or even Deathwatch Space Marines(!)). 

#3 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

I was thinking that the characters might not be told the real reason that they are there at all, but rather would be informed that they have to respond to a distress signal that is emitting from part of the hulk. Only when they encounter the group of Inquisitorial Acolytes would they learn otherwise.

I always want to a) stick in some feral orks, which are appropriate for a hulk, and b) make the dark eldar mosr evilly evil than they are in the adventure as written. Say, have them come across some orks that are scared, running away (!) from something, then have them come across orks who have been skinned alive. ? Or have the eldar kidnap some of their Comrades for evil experiments.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS