Recipe for Disaster…

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

The Investigators, Zoey Samaras, Marie Lambeau, Jim Culver, and Lola Hayes, were equipped well; had a great Stamina and Sanity balance; and reasonable Personal Stories. Then, it happened ~ I flipped over the GOO for the evening…Quachil Uttaus. This guy is truly horrific.

Off they went ~ the first gate opened at the Esoteric Order Of Dagon and the next at Whatley Farm. Great, at least we have some action on the other boards. Well, apparently it proved to be a little too much action. Zoey grabbed-up a Clue token and raced north to Innsmouth. The others attempted to grab Clue tokens and head off to enter Gates. Unfortunately, a few monsters stopped their progress and all the while, Gates are appearing every single round…Gardeners Place, Wizard's Hill, Marsh Refinery, and the Historical Society. Finally, to add insult to injury, I drew a Reckoning Card, entitled The Barriers Crumble which opens a gate and a monster appears in each unstable location containing an investigator with 1 or more Dark Pacts…and yes, Zoey had a Blood Pact and was searching around the Unvisited Isle and Jim, with his Soul Pact was at Cold Spring Glen.   Wihle I always play with the Lurker, I rarely invoke his name and take him up on his offer.  Given the GOO, I thought it best to receive some aid…oh how it burns.

Forget the Final Battle…the Investigators simply blew away…Dust in the Wind.

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!! The Lurker had finally his revenge!!!

Sorry for your loss, Joe, but I'm happy to see finally a Reckoning working… as per Quachil… you simply have to designate a guy to suffer from his dust deck. Generally speaking, you should be able to win the game before the last card of the deck is drawn (it's kinda slow), but, if you have some bad luck… ::shiver::

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

Oh, Julia, I didn't explain the half of it.  Zoey Samaras was the First Player the entire game.  She never moved the First Player token and for the first three rounds, she either lost a Sanity or shuffled the deck, finally removing it and moved-on to the second deck, which again, either drained her of Sanity or had her shuffling the deck.  During the seventh round, she had moved to the third deck.  Seriously, the chances of having the only two Investigators with Dark Pacts in Unstable locations when that Reckoning Card came into play…AIYAAA!

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS