Explored gate -gate appearing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tperk4369

Tperk4369

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

A character is standing on a gate that they have explored.  They want to seal the gate with clue tokens, however the have failed their lore tests and must  wait until next turn to try again.  If during the methos phase their location is where a gate opens does this cause a monster surge? Does the terror track go up?

thanks for the assist.

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Tperk4369 said:

A character is standing on a gate that they have explored.  They want to seal the gate with clue tokens, however the have failed their lore tests and must  wait until next turn to try again.  If during the methos phase their location is where a gate opens does this cause a monster surge? Does the terror track go up?

thanks for the assist.

A monster surge happens whenever a gate opens on an already existing gate. So, no matter of who's standing on the gate, some monsters will be spawned. The main point you have to consider is that whenever you return to Arkham from an Other Wordl, you gain a free pass against monsters on the gate only for the turn you returned to Arkham. So, if a monster surge happens and you're still on the gate, during the movement phase of the next turn, you have to deal with the monsters (i.e., fight or flee). And then, only if you're not driven insane / knocked unconscious, you're allowed during Arkham Encounters to close / seal again the gate

I don't understand your question regarding terror. There is nothing in a monster surge that triggers terror, unless by some way, monsters overflows from the Outskirts and you hav to empty them. But this has nothing to do with the surge per se.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS