Kinda unsure how combat works, and I wanted to see if I had everything correct.
From the standpoint of a devastor marine, on attack with a standard Heavy Bolter
With an BS of 50
I’m assuming here that a turn was taken to brace the weapon, although, with bulging biceps, I’m not sure it’s necessary.
- Attack roll is 12
- BS plus the bonus for full auto is 70
- Giving the devastor marine 6 total successes
- Target rolls a dodge AGI 35
- Rolls a 10
- Target successfully dodges 2 “hits”
- Damage is rolled for 4 “hits”
- Now things get weird, according the core rulebook no damage “die” can be less than the total number of successes, so by default, any roll of less than 6 is 6 damage.
- So assuming with a heavy bolter 2d10 damage per hit minimum he can do (before bonus’s) is 12 damage. And if any of those 8 rolled dice get a 10, he has the possibility of triggering righteous fury. This to me seems like an insane amount of damage by default
Am I missing something here, or is there something I’m doing wrong?