6 replies to this topic

#1 RedSkull

RedSkull

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Looking for opinions 

Chewbacca (42)

-nien numb(1), falcon(1), elusiveness (2)

2x Red squadron (23)

-shield upgrade(4)

comes out to about 100 points

-Abandon all hope ye who enter here-

Rebel: 5 X-wing, 2 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 YT 1300, 1 Hwk, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95

Imp: 7 TIEs, 2 advance, 6 Interceptor, 3 bombers, 2 Firespray, 1 Lamda, 3 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 2 Royal Guards   Epic: 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#2 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Go with two rooks and get another shield upgrade.  Or just add another shield upgrade, since you are at 96, by my count.

#3 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

RedSkull said:

Looking for opinions 

Chewbacca (42)

-nien numb(1), falcon(1), elusiveness (2)

2x Red squadron (23)

-shield upgrade(4)

comes out to about 100 points

Definitely strip the Red Squadron Pilots down to Rookies, and drop Elusiveness. Probably drop the Shield Upgrades, as well. That gives you a total of 14 points to play with.

My suggestion for what to do with them would be to add Luke Skywalker as a member of Chewie's crew, upgrade one of the Rookies to Garven Dreis, and add either Determination or Draw Their Fire on Chewie. That leaves you with 1 point, which you could spend on a generic astromech or simply leave out for initiative if you like that sort of thing.

EDIT: Just realized you have Nien Nunb in there for some reason. He works well on Lando, and he's a nice combination with Push the Limit, but he doesn't do much here. Pull him off, too, and use those two points for R2 Astromechs on the X-wings. The Falcon doesn't need K-turns nearly as bad as X-wings do--and even if you do end up stressed the Falcon with Luke aboard cares much less about actions than an X-wing does.

#4 RedSkull

RedSkull

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hmmmm sounds like that could work…seeing as just play testing the 1st list I lost to expert die rolls and higher pilot skill shooting me 1st atontado

Rebel: 5 X-wing, 2 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 YT 1300, 1 Hwk, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95

Imp: 7 TIEs, 2 advance, 6 Interceptor, 3 bombers, 2 Firespray, 1 Lamda, 3 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 2 Royal Guards   Epic: 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#5 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

RedSkull said:

Hmmmm sounds like that could work…seeing as just play testing the 1st list I lost to expert die rolls and higher pilot skill shooting me 1st atontado

Perhaps a rematch is in order…

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#6 RedSkull

RedSkull

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Torresse said:

RedSkull said:

Perhaps a rematch is in order…

but of course haha

#7 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, dropping elusiveness (although I understand why you had Nien Nunb on there now, to get rid of the stress tokens that elusiveness gives you) for Draw Their Fire on Chewbacca is IMO a better way to go. Otherwise it's not too bad of a list. Have fun! :)

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS