• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Hey guys,

For those of you who are going to run tournaments, would a scorecard be helpful? I created one and would love to hear if you could use it. 

Blank 6-Match Scorecard v2.3

Blank 8-Match Scorecard v2.3

Blank 6-Match Scorecard - Czech v2.3 Thanks to user Jedi_Knight for the translations!

Example 8-Match v2.1

*Note: In the example card, I filled out the tiebreakers from the example given in the tournament rules. 

Thanks to Dbmeboy for the help!

3/17/13 UPDATE: Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It seems the only thing missing was some place to write down decks, so I updated the card to include a deck list. Also cleaned it up a bit.

3/18/13 UPDATE: Simplified the tiebreakers, added a player #.

3/19/13 UPDATE: Added a 6-mtach version.

4/8/13 UPDATE: Added sides, results and split TPs into match and total.

5/2/13 UPDATE: Grey tone behind opponent tiebreaker.

• Angus Lee likes this

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#2 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Thank you Holiday and Dbmeboy!!

These Rock! 

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

They look great!  Certainly much better than the quick photoshop job I had done.  Thanks.

#4 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

When my website opens up, can I host these on there? Really professional.

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#5 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

These are awesome. May I ask if it would be possible to have the template? I am from Czech Republic and for the tournament we are organizing we would very much like to use these - but it would be much better if we can give players these cards in their native tongue, meaning Czech.

Or, if you don't have/don't want to spread the template, may I ask if I can give you the text in Czech the replace the text in English? I am not exactly skilled in whatever you did this in (Photoshop is my guess), so this is a btter option for me. :)

Either way much thanks for these!

#6 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

Awesome. Thank you!

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#7 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Awesome job! You should e-mail these to FFG and they should just use these.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#8 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

These are really nice thank you Holliday88. 

#9 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them! Please use them and let me know how well they work for you. I will continue to make tweaks until they are as "user-friendly" as possible. 

#10 superradjoe

superradjoe

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

I know the example is just that, an example, but you would be wanting to fill out every box of every game, because when the first game ends you don't know the outcome of the second yet…

Either way, looks awesome.

#11 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

superradjoe said:

I know the example is just that, an example, but you would be wanting to fill out every box of every game, because when the first game ends you don't know the outcome of the second yet…

Either way, looks awesome.

Correct.  But I used the example given in the tournament rules and they don't provide all the information for each game, just the scenario to illustrate a tie break. 

#12 OrganicJedi

OrganicJedi

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

Could someone explain how to fill in the strength of schedule portion. I'm new to this.

#13 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

OrganicJedi said:

Could someone explain how to fill in the strength of schedule portion. I'm new to this.

Ok, so I will be the first to admit I had to read the strength of schedule paragraph in the tournament rules several times to figure it out.

Here's what you do: You add the final tournament point score (TPs) from each of your opponents together, this number is your strength of schedule (SOS). This is the first half of the box. If there are still tied players after this tie-breaker you look at the SOS of each of your opponents. This is the second half of the box.

I will go create an example real quick and post it.

Please, anyone. If I have it wrong, speak up! I want to get these cards right.

#14 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

Nope, you have the SoS stuff right.

#15 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Ok here's an example that I just made up. After 4 matches (rounds) in a tournament of 8 people:

Tom - 13 pts
Kris - 13 pts
Chad - 12 pts
Sean - 12 pts
Greg - 11 pts
John - 10 pts
Nick - 8 pts
Sam - 7 pts

To determine the winner, a SOS tiebreak will need to be used. 

Tom played Nick (8) + John (10) + Greg (11) + Kris (13) for a total of 42.
Kris played Nick (8) + John (10) + Sean (12) + Chad (12) for a total of 42. Since these two players are tied, it will have to go to a opponent SOS tiebreak.

For Tom it will be Nick (SOS 48) + John (SOS 46) + Greg (SOS 38) + Kris (SOS 42) = 174

For Kris it will be Nick (SOS 48) + John (SOS 46) + Sean (SOS 38) + Chad (SOS 36) = 168. Tom will win the tournament.

Here you can see how I filled out a card and in pink below made notes for the other players.

Example SOS scorecard

So, does this make senese and am I understanding the SOS tiebreak correctly?

#16 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

Is there a reason you have seperated light side and dark side objectives?

What program did you use for this?

#17 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

ScottieATF said:

Is there a reason you have seperated light side and dark side objectives?

What program did you use for this?

Yes. The DS tiebreaker is total objectives destroyed in the match. So you need to record the number you destroyed as LS as well as DS. 

I put this together with InDesign. 

#18 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Updated first post with v2 scorecard.

#19 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Very nice! I really hope FFG will incorporatet this. Have they responded to you sending it to them yet?

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#20 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

So I have an idea to make this a little better: incorporate the decklist along with this. Since the decklist is basically 10 sets of 6 card OSets, it might be able to fit on a half sheet. In this way, the document could be all inclusive. When paring, simply fold the document in half to cover the list.

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS