Kessel Run 2.0 @ Dice House Games (Fullerton, CA) - 3/24/13

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

Dice House Games in Fullerton is hosting another Kessel Run event!

When:

Sunday, March 24th. Starting at 1:00 PM.

Where:

Dice House Games

2493 E Chapman Ave

Fullerton, California 92831

(714) 871-6494

Format: 100pt Dogfight Tournament

Time Limit: 75 minute rounds (60 min in the case of high turnout)

Entry Fee: $5

Prizes: Wave 2 Ships and Game Night Kit Goodies for the top 4-6 players based on attendance. All other players will receive $5 store credit.

How Does It Work?

Players bring 100-point squadrons and compete through a number of Swiss-style preliminary rounds while following all the standard rules described in the X-Wing Tournament Rules document

Each player must build one squad for use in an X-Wing tournament. The squad-building rules described in this section supersede the squad-building rules described in the X-Wing rulebook.

The maximum squad points for each player is 100 points. A squad cannot exceed 100 points, though it may contain fewer than 100 points.

Each player may choose to field either a Rebel or Imperial squad, as tournament seeding ignores the player’s faction.

Each player must submit his squad composition, including all associated Upgrade cards and total squad points, to the TO before the start of the tournament. Players must use the same squad for the duration of the tournament, including all Ship and Upgrade cards.

Each player must bring an X-Wing core set and any additional components he needs for his squad. This includes but is not limited to dice, a range ruler, maneuver templates, asteroid tokens and a complete Damage deck. A player cannot bring more than one copy of each asteroid token. The TO is not expected to supply any game components to players.

Legal Products:

All components from the following products may be used in officially sanctioned tournaments. Components in any product not listed cannot be used. Only official models, cards and tokens can be used in tournaments (proxies of cards and ships cannot be used).

• Star Wars: X-Wing™ Miniatures Game Core Set 
  • X-Wing™ Expansion Pack
  • Y-Wing™ Expansion Pack 
  • TIE Fighter™ Expansion Pack
  • TIE Advanced™ Expansion Pack
  • Star Wars: X-Wing™ Miniatures Game Dice Pack
  • Star Wars™ Dice App

* If the Star Wars™ Dice app is used, the app must be displayed in full view of both players at all times.

#2 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Yay for clashing events.

#3 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, it's kinda a bummer… I posted about the Dice House tournament on March 6th.  

I've been hoping to make the trek out that direction to meet some other X-Wing players at some point, but the 200 mile round trip drive is a bit daunting.

I'll try to make it out that way for the Regionals at least.

#4 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Just a friendly little bump.

#5 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

Today is the day!

Registration starts at noon. Now, I'd better figure out what the heck I'm flying in this thing…

#6 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Best of luck to you sir. Lets chat later and try to set up our events so they dont conflict. Want to make sure we get solid turn outs. Have fun.

#7 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Definitiely! I've really been hoping to make the trek out there to play.

We ended up with 7 players over 3 rounds.

1st : Vader (Engine Upgrades, Squad Leader, Concussion Missile), Soontir (Stealth Device, PtL), Backstabber, Academy Pilot

2nd: Vader (Stealth Device, Squad Leader, Homing Missile), Soontir (Stealth Device, PtL), Night Beast, Academy Pilot

3rd: Lando (Nien Nunb), Dutch (Turret), Red Squadron Pilot (Torpedo?)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS