• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kraken

Kraken

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hi all,

I recently downloaded my copy of Stars of Inequity. I have just tried my hand at generating a few random Star Systems and was after a little feedback/advice from people.

When you are determining the resources (mineral and otherwise) and you generate multiple instances of the same resource type, industrial metals for example, do you add the resourceabundance together or count them as seperate "instances" of the resource across the planet?

#2 puenboy

puenboy

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

You count them as seperate.

Say, the planet may have both reserves of Uraninite and Torbernite, for an example. They're both radioactives, but they're seperate resources.

#3 TiLT

TiLT

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

I add them together in the system generator application. There is no reason, from a game mechanics viewpoint, to keep five instances of Industrial Metals separate. This also serves to reinforce just how rich in mineral resources some planets are. When you come across a vast planet with hundreds of one kind of resource, you know your players are going to be interested in it. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS