• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

hi there,

suppose one had a child. suppose that child loved X-wing as much as his or her father. suppose, sadly, this child was less than optimally dexterous. suppose this lead to a small breakage. suppose the breakage was of a base and pole. suppose the base and pole were for a particular large ship favored by smugglers throughout the galaxy.

is there a way one can replace said base (or perhaps said child?) without buying a whole new YT-1300?

cheers!

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#2 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'd try here

http://parts.fantasyflightgames.com/

#3 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

I had to repair a stand for one of my Y-Wings. The peg that fits inside the other rod broke off.

I drilled out a hole where the peg used to be, and used some clear sprue from a model kit to replace the peg. If you heat the sprue gently over a candle, you can stretch it out as it softens and use a section that is the right diameter. I just super-glued the whole thing together, but with a file, there's no reason you couldn't replace the angle that the peg had.

Of course, with the size of the stand on the Falcon, you might not need to stretch the sprue out.

Hope that helps. (Loved your story, btw).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS