Meduim and Snare

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Goreshde

Goreshde

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

This situation came up in a game VS the orignial Jinteki corp HQ.  I have 3 cards in my hand had 3 virus counters on medium.  I make a sucessful run on R&D.  I have scored 6 agenda points.  The cards I hit are in this order.

1. Snare

2. Private Security Force

3. Snare

Who wins in this scenario, but more importantly why? 

The rule book says the game is immedailty over once either side hits 7 agenda points, so does that stop the Corps HQ from damaging the runner?

What if it was a fetal IA instead? 

What if the order was Snare, Snare, then agenda?

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

You are flatlined when you hit the first snare.  You don't access an additional card until you are done accessing the previous one.

If your first card was an agenda, you win the game before you hit the second card (even if it's Snare!)

#3 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Actually, Snare deals only 3 net damage, so it would not flatline the runner (it would only empty his hand). The runner would win, because Core Jinteki's ability only kicks in after the agenda is stolen.

If the agenda was Fetal AI, then Fetal AI's ability would kick in just after it is accessed, which occurs before it is stolen. So the runner would be flatlined.

In any case, you do access the second Snare because the game is already over.

#4 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Khudzlin is correct.

Snare #1 does 3 damage.

The runner proceeds to the agenda and scores it for the win before the Jinteki ability kicks in.

Snare #2 doesn't matter because the runner already won.

And correct about the Fetal AI as well.  That is an ambush card that deals damage the moment it is encountered, whether it is scored or not.

#5 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Really sorry.  I was going off memory and thought that Snare did 4 damage.  My apologies.

#6 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

radiskull said:

Really sorry.  I was going off memory and thought that Snare did 4 damage.  My apologies.

It's 4 credits when accessed to deal 3 net damage. Easy to get mixed up when you haven't seen the card in a while.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS