BGG Madness vote thingy

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

I hope this post isn't against the rules, as it links somewhere else…

There's a little competition going on every year over on BoardGameGeek, which is called the "Geek Madness" - it's basically a popularity contest of board games. Whoever gets the most votes over a number of rounds wins.

X-Wing is currently up against some Euro called "Castles of Burgundy" - I've been called out when I called it a "boring game without pew pew", but I think that's fairly accurate anyway. X-Wing could use some more help though.

So all those of you who have a BGG account, if you could hop over to this GeekList on BGG and give X-Wing a thumbs-up, that would be splendid:

http://boardgamegeek...005#item2556005

Edit: Link to the second round: http://boardgamegeek...681#item2563681

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing

#2 shnar

shnar

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

The only way some crappy Euro game would beat X-Wing is because the X-Wing fans don't know that said competition is going on! I almost missed the competition until I saw a notification on the Arkham Horror boards.

When I first noted, it was way down (something like 400 to 200). It's now taken the lead, barely at 580 to 575. Come on X-Wing fans, cast your vote and beat that crappy Euro game into the ground where it belongs!!!

-shnar

#3 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

It's actually a very nice little Eurogame, in my very limited experience with it… But at no point in Castles of Burgundy can you tell Wedge to blow away a TIE Interceptor with a proton torpedo. Go vote already!

#4 Malloc

Malloc

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

X-wing has taken the lead but we need more votes. Those sneaky eurogamers will pile in there last min to steal the win. 

-M 

#5 Malloc

Malloc

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

X-wing has taken the lead but we need more votes. Those sneaky eurogamers will pile in there last min to steal the win. 

-M 

#6 Vojvoda13

Vojvoda13

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

I have checked the site and can not find the link to vote? Yes I am a member and did sign in but must be missing the link.

VR
James Mattes

#7 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Castles of Burgundy is a fantastic game… one of my favorite boardgames actually.

X-Wing wins hands down.

#8 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Vojvoda13 said:

I have checked the site and can not find the link to vote? Yes I am a member and did sign in but must be missing the link.

VR
James Mattes

To vote you simply give a "thumbs up" to the X-Wing game entry in the list. The link should take youi right to it.

#9 Ismar

Ismar

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

X-Wing won the first round but it is now up against Ticket to Ride. This will be a tough round so make sure you vote.

#10 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Ismar said:

X-Wing won the first round but it is now up against Ticket to Ride. This will be a tough round so make sure you vote.

Aye, there's about five times as many TTR owners on BGG as X-Wing owners…

Here's the link to the second round item: http://boardgamegeek...681#item2563681

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing

#11 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

Bump to move this back to the top. Our game is losing by over a hundred votes. I know it's silly but I'd like to see it pull off another victory this round.

http://boardgamegeek...681#item2563681

#12 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

ziggy2000 said:

Bump to move this back to the top. Our game is losing by over a hundred votes. I know it's silly but I'd like to see it pull off another victory this round.

What ziggy said, plus this: if you aren't already a BGG user, consider setting up an account. In all seriousness the X-wing posters over there are a great community, and they've led me into a lot of interesting and thought-provoking conversations. 

(Plus, I'll go there--opening the BGG X-wing forum doesn't give you time to fix and eat an entire sandwich. Although I guess that may not be a positive, depending on your opinion about sandwiches.)

#13 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Vorpal Sword said:

ziggy2000 said:

What ziggy said, plus this: if you aren't already a BGG user, consider setting up an account. In all seriousness the X-wing posters over there are a great community, and they've led me into a lot of interesting and thought-provoking conversations. 

(Plus, I'll go there--opening the BGG X-wing forum doesn't give you time to fix and eat an entire sandwich. Although I guess that may not be a positive, depending on your opinion about sandwiches.)

Back at you. Truer words were never said. reir

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS