R.I.P. Andy Tarpy- 3/13/2013

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'm sure none of you here now know him unless you came to some of the local Joplin, MO tournaments from 2002-2005/6 but I wanted to take a moment here to post a brief memorial to my longtime friend Andy. We drifted apart in recent years due to a variety of factors, but I wouldn't be in this community if he hadn't agreed to sell off a bunch of Mage Knight stuff with me in early fall 2002 in order to buy a bunch of cards for this brand new A Game of Thrones thing that we had read books about.

He's the guy that taught me to hate Host of Storm's End as being over powered.

Playing against him really taught me the value of Wildfire Assault.

Like Robert Baratheon, his reign was cut too short.

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Very sorry for your loss, Kennon.

#3 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

My sympathies also, Kennon.

Requiescat in pace

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#4 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Sad to hear. May I ask what happened?

#5 Danigral

Danigral

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Very sorry for your loss, Will. I wish I had the opportunity to have met him.

#6 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

I've been told that it was a car wreck, though I don't know details on it.

Another Thrones related story regarding him. I remember a Regional event in Springfield (I think maybe the first one there?) that he attended with me. On the Friday night draft before the main event, he let a couple plots pass him by so that Greg could get the entire Wardens cycle. (Kind of a proto City plot cycle, if you weren't around for them, but they did things like giving you more gold and claim). I mean, sure, I understand that he was scrambling for characters since he only had like 10 or something, but geeze louise. Greg freaking dominated that draft tournament with those plots.

#7 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Here, here. I feel for you and am sorry for your loss.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS