100 pt Rebel: Close support team

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

I came up with the following list which I think might do quite well.

Total Squad Points: 100

Pilot: Biggs Darklighter
X-Wing (25)
Upgrades:
R2-F2 (3), Stealth (3)

Pilot: Wedge Antilles
X-Wing (29)
Upgrades:
Squad Leader (2), R2-D2 (4)

Pilot: "Dutch" Vander
Y-Wing (23)
Upgrades:
Ion Cannon Turret (5), R5-K6 (2), Shield Upgrade (4)

The three ships stay Range 1 of each other. Biggs moves first and uses R2-F2 for 4 defense dice. Dutch moves next and takes a target lock and gives a lock to Biggs. Then Wedge moves and gets a target lock and passes an action to Biggs who takes focus.

Rinse and repeat.

If I get lucky, Dutch gets a free lock via R5-K6 and so can focus with his action and still pass a lock to Biggs.

Any thoughts, this list has high defensive value and high attack value. By the time Biggs goes down, we should have put the hurt on the enemy and even when he does go down the 2 remaining ships can hold their own passing locks and actions to each other and Wedge has R2-D2 for shield regen and the Y-Wing has an extra shield.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#2 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

This is a fun wave 1 list with some good wave 2 enhancements.  I've run list like this many times, so here's my suggestions for you.  

I like how you have Biggs set up.

Now Dutch.  I've run R5-K6 with Dutch many, many times, and I find that I rarely get that extra target lock.  It's just not worth 2 pts.  I would give him R5 or R2 astromechs instead.  The good thing about the generic droids is that their ability always works, which is better then R5 who only works sometimes.  I would drop the shield upgrade, Biggs is your shield.  You need more offense.  Maybe add a Proton Torpedo for Biggs or Wedge.

Wedge.  I would swap out R2-D2 for another droid.  R2's ability works with Green maneuvers, and the X-Wing only has 4.  This makes Wedge very predictable, and that's how you lose this game.  I'm not a fan of Wedge with squad leader.  Your giving up an action of one of the best pilots in the game to give to someone else.  I would recommend Swarm tactics with him.  This ability lets you attack first and it doesn't waste your action.  If you going to play only 3 rebel ships then you have to be able to out enemy ships fast before they overwelm you, and shooting first is going to help keep Biggs alive.  If you don't like swarm tactics, then try Push the Limit, R2 astromech, and PT.  This makes Wedge deadly.

I hope this helps some.

#3 CPTMcMurphy

CPTMcMurphy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I've played around with some of the Rebel 3 ship build list taking advantage of wave 2.  I have found that 3 ship builds still suffer to a loss to Empirial Swarm Tactics Spam lists.

#4 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

I tweaked the list based on feedback. This packs more punch for no real loss in defense.

Total Squad Points: 100

Pilot: Biggs Darklighter
X-Wing (25)
Upgrades:

• R2-F2 (3)
  • Stealth (3)

Pilot: Wedge Antilles
X-Wing (29)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)
  • Proton Torpedoes (4)
  • R2 Astromech (1)

Pilot: "Dutch" Vander
Y-Wing (23)
Upgrades:

• Proton Torpedoes (4)
  • Ion Cannon Turret (5)
  • R2 Astromech (1)

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

#5 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Feel free to bring that against my:

Bounty Hunter w/gunner and HLC

Darth Vader w/Homing Missiles

Tempest Squadron Pilot

I'll see your 3 ship list to my 3 ship list :-)

Vader with Homing missiles is deadly for an alpha strike, Target lock and focus on the initial volley, and don't need deadeye.  Then Vader is still hard to hit.  The bounty hunter w/gunner….Iove this combo…cause my dice rolls suck :-)

Tempest Squadron pilot…the 2 shields help negate the crits…due to my dice rolls sucking. 

~Ron

#6 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

That's funny, as that is my 3 ship Imperial list :-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS