i just bought the game and it looks really cool, but i have some questions;
1) is your starding deck consisted by 8 cards? 5 one gold and 3 lv 1 units? this is a bit strange becuase in your first round there are not much you can do with a deck like this. Also after your round ends and your deck your deck has only two cards left what do you do?
2) in solo or multi player game, the event deck is replaced once all player(s) end their turn? for example if an enemy is present is he still there until he is defeted or another card is drawn after all players end their turn?
3) Each clan has 4 neutral cities that must be gain in order to use them or they are in play from the start? for example each neutral card needs a power of 4 in order to get so if in your first turn you have nothing but gold you can do much do you, and if you want to keep some cards you do not have enough cities to rest in order to keep them in your hand
Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:16 AM
Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:01 AM
Welcome to the game!
1) Yes, you only have those 8 cards in your starting decks. Page 12 states that "When a player needs to draw or reveal cards and is unable to do so because his deck is depleted, he reshuffleshis discard pile to create a new deck. He may then draw or reveal the cards he needs." So on your second turn, you will typically draw three cards, then shuffle your discard pile to create a new deck, then draw your remaining two cards. But remember that you can ONLY shuffle your discard pile when your deck is depleted AND you need to draw more cards. If you have 5 cards in your deck and you draw all five, you don't shuffle your discard pile to create your new deck unless you need to draw another card.
2) After each player has taken a turn, the first player reveals the top card of the event deck. If an enemy is in the central play area when you reveal another enemy, both enemies remain in play. They are only removed if they are defeated.
3) I'm not sure what you mean. Each faction has 3 strongholds that start in the barracks. They can be purchased with 4 gold using a spend gold action or 2 strength by starting a battle against one of them. Basically, any combination of opening hands should be able to net you at least one stronghold (though I usually never pay for them with gold). It's true that you can't keep cards in your hand very easily in the first couple turns, but your deck is small enough that I never really want to hold units in my first turn.
I hope that helps you out. If you have any more questions, I'll be glad to answer them.
"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."
Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:41 AM
thank you very much for taking time to explain to me these queries about the game, your answers are very clear and help me to understand better the game, If i have any more questions i will let you know
Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:07 AM
This is a very common thing in deck building games. You start with a miniscule deck that only lasts two turns, and you build it up from there. Glad you got things figured out!