• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 randomblink

randomblink

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

Dear Fantasy Flight Games,

I have one simple request. Bring back the best card in Netrunner.

The Blink.

Please.

That is all.

Thank you,

randomblink

#2 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

atontado Dear FFG. Do not ever bring back any card that uses dice. Thank You.

#3 randomblink

randomblink

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Penfold said:

atontado Dear FFG. Do not ever bring back any card that uses dice. Thank You.

Someone just got taken off my christmas card list…

#4 randomblink

randomblink

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

Some people just have no idea how to manage chaos. Leaving out dice for this game would be a freaking tragedy.

#5 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

If I ever need dice to play this game, I quit.

Blink sucks.

#6 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Dear FFG:

Please include dice. Also, spinners, coin flips, comparing alphabetically the first letter in the bottom card in your deck's title / artists name / keyword, rewards for wearing having certain colour of clothing / gender / age / sexual orientation / trivia knowledge about cyber punk, penalties for time of day, temperature, humidity or radioactivity. Align a randomness system to a geiger counter if possible.

Additionally, please refer to specific cards with other cards, design cards that reward players for playing against people using particular specifically named cards that do nothing if that player does not have that card in play.

~Your friend and long time player of about 75% of all CCGs out there.

#7 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Sometimes I miss Spellfire.  Your post made me realize why that moment passes quickly.

#8 Goldenfoon

Goldenfoon

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

So what did this blink card do?

#9 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

It was an icebreaker, 5 strength, 1 MU, 5 cost.  Once per subroutine, you could roll a die.  If you rolled a 4-6, you broke the subroutine.  If you rolled a 1-3, you took that much net damage.

#10 Goldenfoon

Goldenfoon

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

radiskull said:

It was an icebreaker, 5 strength, 1 MU, 5 cost.  Once per subroutine, you could roll a die.  If you rolled a 4-6, you broke the subroutine.  If you rolled a 1-3, you took that much net damage.

Interesting, quite a gamble indeed!

#11 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

Not much of a gamble at all in a deck designed for it. ONR had vastly superior net damage prevention.

Ultimate game of chaos: old school Blink deck vs. old school Rio de Janeiro City Grid deck. ROLL ALL THE DICE!!

#12 Bierfuizl

Bierfuizl

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Siren fort with 11 pieces of ice and Rio City Grid in it. Runner failed the 10th roll ;).

#13 Defenstrator

Defenstrator

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

As a new player with no sentimental attachment I feel quite strongly, no dice. The game has enough tokens as is. The more extra mechanics you add the more you clutter a clean game.

#14 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Bierfuizl said:

Siren fort with 11 pieces of ice and Rio City Grid in it. Runner failed the 10th roll ;).

Please tell me the Corp deck was playing all the crummy gives-credits-on-rez IC. :)

#15 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

I could see this being reprinted but instead of the die and damage mechanic it could use the jinteki psi mechanic

#16 darkpact

darkpact

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

Although I never had issues in ONR with dice cards, I'm strictly against dice now. In some European countries the stores get into trouble if they offer tournaments with games that include dice as a mechanic. Sound strange and irrational but I rather see a game played in those countries as well.

#17 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Any CCG/TCG/LCG has an element of chance in it, but of the many games I've played, Netrunner places the most strategic and tactical decision-making and responsibility on the player. Too many other games place it elsewhere, such as in the cards drawn and the combos to be followed. Dice would do the same, and it would diminish the personal planning and choice that Netrunner has.

I do agree with Tzeechel's idea, though. If it were to come back, let it come back in that or similar form. Let its mechanic at least put its effectiveness in the  hands of the players, and not on chance.

#18 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I am starting to love the idea of the Corp paying to not have their routines broken

#19 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Tzeechel said:

I am starting to love the idea of the Corp paying to not have their routines broken
???

Um… If it's based on the Psi mechanic, the Corp won't necessarily pay to have their subroutines not broken. I mean, the mechanic doesn't hinge on the Corp paying to stop a break, but on the difference between amounts.

Or are you saying the new Blink mechanic could involve the Corp vetoing Blink's breaking by paying?

#20 Gathrax42

Gathrax42

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

As I have no sentimental value to the original… I can see blink printed as a anarch card the random-ness would suit their faction. A die mechanic, if needed for corp, would suit jentekias they seem to do a bit of randomness and moving things around.

Though blink does seem to be a little overpowered if it was reprinted would have to be an expansion that features the anarchs as the runner. I wouldn’t expect a new mechanic if no one has the required items for the mechanic they’d have to have a couple dice accompanying with. As far as Balancing goes after looking at it from a dev’s perspective

maby 2 strength to start and cost 1 or 2 credit(s) per use…

1-      Deal 1 net damage

2-      Nothing or maby 2 net damage

3-      +1 strenth

4-      May break code gate subroutine

5-      May break sentry subroutine.

6-      May break barrier subroutine.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS