Test Running in a Femme Fatale

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Syd

Syd

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

When you use Test Run to install femme fatal, and subsequently choose a piece of ice to be bypassed through her ability, does that condition on the chosen piece of ice remain constant, even when Femme Fatale leaves play at the end of the turn? Im not sure, because the ability does not have standard paid ability formatting.

Practically speaking, can I bypass the ice after Femme Fatale goes away? Or how about this: I install a Femme Fatale, choose the ice to bypass per her ability as normal. A few turns later I install another Femme Fatale but have to trash the original to make MU space. I choose another piece of ice per her ability, but does the previous piece of ice "lose" its memory of being chosen earlier? It seems like it can get complicated with multiple Test Runs, Personal Workshops, with multiple Femme Fatales…

Not sure how it works…

#2 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

Syd said:

When you use Test Run to install femme fatal, and subsequently choose a piece of ice to be bypassed through her ability, does that condition on the chosen piece of ice remain constant, even when Femme Fatale leaves play at the end of the turn? Im not sure, because the ability does not have standard paid ability formatting.

Practically speaking, can I bypass the ice after Femme Fatale goes away? Or how about this: I install a Femme Fatale, choose the ice to bypass per her ability as normal. A few turns later I install another Femme Fatale but have to trash the original to make MU space. I choose another piece of ice per her ability, but does the previous piece of ice "lose" its memory of being chosen earlier? It seems like it can get complicated with multiple Test Runs, Personal Workshops, with multiple Femme Fatales…

Not sure how it works…

Cards "forget" what they did when they leave play - in the heap (or in the stack), it's just a piece of cardboard. When you Install a FF, you choose a piece of ICE. As long as *that* FF continues to be in play, you can use *that* FF's ability to bypass *that* ICE. If *that* FF leaves play (such as being trashed to make room in your MU for a new FF), you can no longer bypass *that* particular ICE.

#3 Syd

Syd

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Thanks--been playing it wrong and WAY overpowered as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS