• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brasso

brasso

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Hi folks - this is probably a simple one:

I have an encounter, Gate and Monster. However, I am immediately drawn through the gate. And the monster only sticks around for the duration of the encounter. So is there any point in having this type of encounter? As the monster never gets to attack, before it disappears back to the cup.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

The monster stays on the board. It's removed only when spawned via a "a monster appears" encounter, but if the encounter is "a monster and a gate appear" they stay both. As per rules, pag 22 (emphasys mine):

"Many encounters state that “A gate and a monster appear!” For these encounters, both the monster and the gate stay on the board. However, many other encounters state that just a monster appears […]. When a monster but not a gate appears in an encounter, the monster does not stay on the board"

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 brasso

brasso

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Thanks Julia :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS