• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bra'Kan

Bra'Kan

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

According to the book:

"The assist maneuver allows an engaged ally to add a bonus fortune die to his next check. "

What is considered a check? Is that anything we need to roll for? Do attacks, spells, using skills, etc count?

#2 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Bra'Kan said:

According to the book:

"The assist maneuver allows an engaged ally to add a bonus fortune die to his next check. "

What is considered a check? Is that anything we need to roll for? Do attacks, spells, using skills, etc count?

In short, Yes.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#3 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Yup, make them explain how though.

Fighting, do you move round to flank/distract him so your buddy has a better chance?

Social action, do you nod approvingly, look intimidating or are you the "wingman making him look good to her by comparison"?

Spell action, do you know anything about spellcraft, can you chant in unison?

Blessing, pray with me my son (there actually is something on the Faith book about group rituals boosting things).

But make them justify it "in the fiction".

#4 Bra'Kan

Bra'Kan

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

valvorik said:

Yup, make them explain how though.

Fighting, do you move round to flank/distract him so your buddy has a better chance?

Social action, do you nod approvingly, look intimidating or are you the "wingman making him look good to her by comparison"?

Spell action, do you know anything about spellcraft, can you chant in unison?

Blessing, pray with me my son (there actually is something on the Faith book about group rituals boosting things).

But make them justify it "in the fiction".

Awesome - thank you very much!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS