Photo

What do the PDFs download actually contain.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kurous

kurous

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

I was thinking of purchasing the PDF expsansions for this game, but noticed the linked site said it was an incomplete product.  Does anyone know exactly what isn't included? I'm mainly concerned that I'll end up not getting some of the rules that would be included in the box sets, as oppossed to being stuck without counter or something like that

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

The only things worth buying in PDF are the hardcovers (I almost use the term "jip').  The PDFs do not include any cards/abilities/careers/diseases/whatsoever.  Best to just watch for the boxed sets to go on sale.

jh

#3 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Yup, the pdfs are pdfs of the softcover books in a box.  No additional material is added (e.g., if the box contains action cards, item cards, location cards, handouts, the pdf does not give you a sheet of them etc.).

For adventures, the pdfs are mostly useful if you like electronic access to materials as an extension of paper material not alternative.  For a bit even that was screwy as they were not searchable but I took a chance on the latest Enemy Within and it is so you can seach NPC names etc.

#4 OctoLux

OctoLux

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

As Emirikol said, the Hardcovers (the Players Guide, The Creature Guide, The Game Master Guide) are good to buy.

The Player and Gamemaster Guide also contain ALL the info of the core set, the adventure tool kit, signs of faith and winds of magic. The action/whatever cards are included as a reference, so you have everything from these products in three pdf.

I also baught the Heros Call to for the Halfling and Ogre player races and to skim over the rules to se if I should buy the whole set. As it turned out, I got some windfall and was able to buy it nevertheless, so that is a bit redundand.

I think they should also make a WFRP 3ED light set for the four Expansion Boxes (Magic, Faith, War and Power) to have the whole cards in them as in the players guide, maybe add the Power of the Grave POD in them as well… that would be neat.

So to cut it short.

the three guides: YES.

Enemy within, can not say at the moment as my boxed set arrives in the next days, but I would give it a optimistic "yes" as the book in it is the most part.

Omens of war, lure of power, tentatively no (because you loose the new careers, and actions and whatnot)

the adventures (Edge of night, witches song) porbably yes, they are adventures after all, and you can make up some missing htings with a bit of imagination.

Heroes call yes for the time being, but I think when / if your players reach the 50s advance (hey this is warhammer , PCs should not survive for more than 4…..) it might come in handy.

Cheers

Olaf

#5 Jicey

Jicey

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

OctoLux said:

the adventures (Edge of night, witches song) porbably yes, they are adventures after all, and you can make up some missing htings with a bit of imagination.

I can answer for Wich's Song.

I got the PDF when it came out (and used it easily to adapt the adventure for another MedFan RPG), and recently got the full box (just love too much W3 to pass on the sales).

There's not much more in the box than in the PDF (standups, and many cards that are not really needed for the adventure). The only stuff you might miss when running the adventure are the 2 career cards (witch + I don't remember what), the 9 Hedge Magic action cards, and the 8 creature/NPC cards.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS