• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

I got my copy of it today.

The Jedi pod is ok, no units in it though.  The objective lets you damage it to return an enhancement, and its a 5 damage/1 resource. Obi-Wans spirit is like an umbra from MTG, discard Obi-Wans spirit to save a character that would be destroyed, 2 of these in the pod. Weapon Mastery gives your enhanced units blaster icon for each enhancement on it, costs 0 and has 2 force icons. Calm lets you remove all focus tokens from a character with 2+ enhancements on it, but it must be played on opponents turn, seems like a good combat trick after palpatine locks down your best dude. The Jedi also get a 2nd heat of battle in this pod.  The pod is A Message from Beyond, x2 Obi-Wans spirit, 1 Weapon Mastery, 1 Calm, 1 Heat of Battle.

The Rebel pod seems really good. The objecitve gives Speeders Edge (1) if you have more Hoth objectives, 5 damage/1 resource.  Rogue Three and Wedge should be good together. Wedge is a character/enhancement that is like Trust your feelings, cost 2, 2 health, Blaster icon , edge blast icon.  Rogue Three is an objective killer like Red 5, 2 blast damage, gets blaster and blast icons for each enhancement, cost 3 and has 3 health, downside is its not elite becuase it has 3 force icons. The Rebels also get access to a 2nd Target of Opportunity fate. The pod also has a snowspeeder and Hoth Survival Gear.  The pod is Hoth Operations, Wedge Antilles, Rogue Three, Snow Speeder, Hoth Survival Gear, Target of Opportunity.

I think the Neutral LS set was spoiled on FFG's website. Subzero defense seems good. The Wilderness Fighters dont seem terrible at all, the 2 edge dependant blast damage icons force the DS to keep some units home to defend. The pod is Echo Base Defense, x3 Wilderness Fighters x2 Subzero Defense. 

The sith pod is ok, the units are  average. The objective allows you to sacrifice a unit as an action to remove a damage from a Hoth objective, it ihas 5 damage/1 resource. Icetromper costs 2 for 2 health and a single balster icon, sacrifice it to remove non vehicle unit from combat and deal 1 damage to the unit.  Fear will be helpful in keeping the LS off the force. Desolation of Hoth is really good if you have a Hoth objective with 3-4 damage on it and you can kill a main when you move the damage, or kill their hoth objective. Sith get access to a 2nd twist but I dont think its worth it. I dont think this set adds too much to the Sith. This pod is The Killing Cold, Icetromper x2, Fear, Desolation of Hoth, Twist of Fate.

The Imperial Navy set is really good.  Darth Vader will be a good pair with Orbital Bombardment and aggresive Navy decks. It has a resource chud that cost 3 for 2 resources and 1 health, no icons, a bit underwhelming but its giving you 2 resources so you take the good with the bad.  Probe droids seem average, they give you free objective damage when discarded. The best card is the event, its free and it cancels any event, but it goes to the top of the deck. This pod is Lord Vader's Command, Darth Vader, Communications Officer, x2 Prode Droid, Imperial Suppression. 

The neutral objective is a basic 5 damage/2 resource with no text objective, and its Hoth. The Wampas are average, if you pay full price, they get cheaper if you have a hoth objective, 3 resources for 2 blaster icons and 3 health is good. Succumb to the Cold is a poor mans Jedi Mind trick.  This pod is Shadows on the Ice, x2 Wampa, x2 Succumb to the Cold, Battle of Hoth.

Overall, I think this is a pretty good force pack. Darth Vader in the imperial navy should make the Navy A LOT better. I also think that Rogue Three's pod makes the Rebels a lot better too, it gives them a solid unit that can destroy objectives and look out if you can get Wedge and an Astromech Droid on it because now it kills units and objectives, should be fun. THe neutral objectives seem good for both sides, should be interesting to see if either one finds a home though. I have to admit that I am underwhelmed by the Sith pod, it has Twist of Fate, Fear, and Desolation of Hoth, but the units dont seem good enough to me and Desolation of Hoth is only good if you have a Hoth objective in play, otherwise its edge fodder. The objective in that set is also not good enough to push out any of the current objectives in the Sith decks at this time.  I feel like the Jedi pod has potential to be good, it seems like Yoda will really love this pod, but I am scared by the lack of units. I can see this one being a potential one of in a Jedi based deck, anymore than that and you risk not having enough units. 

Later tonight I will work on typing up everything.  

Jedi

A Message From Beyond  -  Jedi

Objective  - Dagobah

5 Damage  / 1 Resource

Reaction: After you refresh, damage this objective to return the topmost enhancement from your discard pile to your hand.

Old Ben's Spirit  - Jedi

Enhancement

1 Resource

1 Force Icon

Enhance a Character unit

Interrupt: When enhanced unit would be destroyed, instead discard this enhancement and remove all damage from that unit.

Weapon Master  - Jedi

Event

0 Resrouce

2 Force Icons

Action: A target character unit gains Blaster icon for each enhancement on it until the end of the phase.

Calm  - Jedi

Event

0 Resource

2 Force Icons

Play only during your opponents turn. 

Action: Remove all focus tokens from a target character unit with 2 or more enhancements on it. 

Heat of Battle - We already know what this does.

Rebels

Hoth Oberations  - Rebel

Objective  - oth

5 Damage  / 1 Resource

If you control more Hoth objectives than your opponent, each of your Speeder units gains Edge (1).

*Wedge Antilles  - Rebel

Unit

2 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

2 Health

1 Blaster , (Blast Icon)

You may play this card on a friendly Speeder or Fighter unit as an enhancement with the text: "Action: Focus this enhancement to remove 1 focus token from enhanced unit."

*Rogue Three  - Rebel

Unit

3 Resources (Cost)

3 Force Icons

3 Health

2 Blast Icons

This unit gains Blaster icon, Blast Icon for each enhancement on it.

Snowspeeder  - Neutral

Unit

2 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

1 Health

Blaster icon, (Blast icon)

No text

Hoth Survival Gear  - Rebel

Enhance

0 Resource

2 Force Icons

Enhance a Character unit.

Enhanced unit gains +1 damage capacity for each Hoth objective you control.

Target of Opportunity

LS Neutral

Echo Base Defense  - Neutral

Objective  - Hoth

5 Damage  / 1 Resource

Limit 1 per objective deck.

While you control more Hoth objectives than your opponent, your Hoth objectives cannot suffer unopposed damage.

Wilderness Fighter  - Neutral

Unit

3 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

2 Health

2 (Blast Icons)

This unit gains Blaster icon for each Hoth objective you control.

Subzero Defense  - Neutral

Enhance

1 Resource (Cost)

Enhance your play area.

Destroy the first enemy unit to strike against a friendly Hoth objective each turn, after its strike resolves. 

Sith

The Killing Cold  - Sith

Objective  -  Hoth

5 Damage  / 1 Resource

Action: Sacrifice a unit you control to remove 1 damage from a friendly Hoth objective.

Icetromper - Neutral

Unit

2 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

2 Health

Blaster Icon

Action: Sacrifice this unit to remove a target attacking non-vehicle unit from an engagement.  Then, deal 1 damage to that unit.

Fear  - Sith

Enhance

1 Resource (Cost)

2 Force Icons

Enhance an enemy Character unit.

Remove enhanced unit from the Force struggle, if able.  Enhance unit cannot commit to the Force.

The Desolation of Hoth  - Sith

Event

3 Resources (Cost)

3 Force Icons

Play only during your turn.

Action: Move any amount of damage from a Hoth objective you control to a target enemy unit or Hoth objective.

Twist of Fate

Imperial Navy

Lord Vader's Command - Imperial Navy

Objective  

5 Damage  /  1 Resource

When this objective is undamaged, increase the cost of each event card played by an opponent by 1. 

*Darth Vader  - Imperial Navy

Unit

5 Resources (Cost)

4 Force Icons

4 Health

2 Balsters , 1 (Blast Icon)

Elite

When this unit is attaching, each of your attacking units gains Blast icon.

Communications Officer  - Imperial Navy

Unit

3 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

1 Health

2 resources

No Icons

No Text

Probe Droid  - Neutral

Unit

2 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

1 Health

(Blaster Icon)

Interrupt: When this unit leaves play, deal 1 damage to a target enemy objective. 

Imperial Suppression  - Imperial Navy

Event

0 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

Interrupt: WHen an event card is played, cancel the effects and place it on top of the owner's deck. 

DS Neutral

Shadows on the Ice  - Neutral

Objective  - Hoth

5 Damage  / 2 Resources

Limit 1 per objective deck.

Wampa  - Neutral

Unit

3 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

3 Health

2 Blaster Icon

Reduce the cost to play this unit by 2 for each Hoth objective in play.

Succumb to the Cold!  - Neutral

Event

0 Resource (Cost)

1 Force Icon

Play only if you control at least 1 Hoth objective.

Reaction: After a focus token is removed from an enemy unit, place 1 focus token on that unit.

#2 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

got mine today as well. It seems to focus a lot on playing enhancements on your units. Not sure if I like a lot of the cards. I hope the rest of the Hoth related expansions are not as enhancment heavy as this one.

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Scans would be appreciated by those of us who still have to wait and also for cardgamedb. 

#4 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

I dont have the means or the time to be scanning cards.

#5 Jonnyb815

Jonnyb815

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

What does the vader pod do please more details

#6 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Lord Vader's Command - Imperial Navy

Objective

5 Damage  /  1 Resource

When this objective is undamaged, increase the cost of each event card played by an opponent by 1. 

Darth Vader  - Imperial Navy

Unit

5 Resources (Cost)

4 Force Icons

4 Health

2 Balsters , 1 (Blast Icon)

Elite

When this unit is attaching, each of your attacking units gains Blast icon.

Communications Officer  - Imperial Navy

Unit

3 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

1 Health

2 resources

No Icons

No Text

Probe Droid  - Neutral

Unit

2 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

1 Health

(Blaster Icon)

Interrupt: When this unit leaves play, deal 1 damage to a target enemy objective. 

Imperial Suppression  - Imperial Navy

Event

0 Resources (Cost)

1 Force Icon

Interrupt: WHen an event card is played, cancel the effects and place it on top of the owner's deck. 

#7 Jonnyb815

Jonnyb815

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Like vader the unit the event not a fan of the probe droids.

Thanks

#8 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

I kind of like the Probe Droids.

Sorry, I don't have a scanner or I would gladly post. If anyone wants I can snap some pics with my cell and email pics

#9 fgerken

fgerken

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Pics from a cellphone would be fine. Can you upload them anywhere?

http://deckbauer.telfador.net/ - Deckbuilder and Card list for The Lord of the Rings, A Game of Thrones, Android: Netrunner and Star Wars.
At Google+ and Facebook

#10 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

if someone can tell me how, I would be able to, but wont be able to til about 9pm eastern. Gotta leave in a few to bring my daughter to swimming class

#11 zachbunn

zachbunn

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

This objective set is excellent! Cannot wait to get this pack. 

Do or do not, there is no try.

#12 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Just the set my trooper deck was waiting for.

#13 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

where did u guys order to be able to get them early?

#14 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

My store got them in today

#15 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Updated my first post with everything.

#16 Jonnyb815

Jonnyb815

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

-I like the sith pod the more I look at it. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like a good support pod. 

-IMP got a good beat and some good tricks.

-Rebels look like they some good support. Might take some time to get more Hoth pods but looks like i could be strong

-I like the wampa Pod. Could be pretty strong with more Hoth pods we get. Pretty sure the Rebels will be really strong with Hoth. So some good hoth pods for the darkside will be good. 

-Jedi pod yeah might be good with Yoda but not really a fan. Old ben looks like it could be strong would have to play around with that pod. 

#17 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Of all the cards, I think Imperial Suppression is the most powerful from this set. The ability to cancel a well timed Return of the Jedi, Rebel Assault, or Jedi Mind Trick, for free no less, locks them out of some resources for a turn. The objective Lord Vader's Command also makes the their tricky events cost one more, making the opponent rely on their events less and the fact that Vader is in the set is icing.

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#18 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Wampa gets reduced by your Hoth Objectives and your opponents, if you both have a Hoth objective then its free to play. Wampa is super good if you can get it for free.

#19 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thank you for typing the full spoiler TGO.

#20 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Quick thoughts:

Fear is a great card for locking powerful Light Side Force characters out of the Force struggle so you don't necessarily have to commit all your big guns in order to keep up.

The Desolation of Hoth is a heck of a reset button.  It basically heals one of your Hoth objectives and can pile all that damage onto an unsuspecting enemy unti.

Succumb to the Cold! requires you have a Hoth objective in play, but for zero cost, it's a nice way to make your opponent waste an action that removes a focus token.

Weapon Mastery makes a character into Yoda-Lite for one turn for free.

Speaking of Yoda, Control seems tailor-made for him, being dependent on the character having two or more enhancements on it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS