Jump to content



Photo

a fewquestions to calrifiy rules.


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Qayin

Qayin

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

1. about "oops". for example, a Druid has 3 spells and picked up the amulet, he said he'd like to keep it, we couldnt find anything in the rules that says he can't keep it and it just means that during other peoples turns he couldnt cast spells, but in his own turn he can always ditch the amulet and than cast a spell. so far legal?

Now, this isn't really in the rules i think but id like to know what most people do. - a few rounds later he cast "Destruction" and destroyed a card on the board, no one noticed he had the amulet that moment and said he couldnt, 2 turns went by and we all noticed suddenly that he couldnt have cast the spell. what is the "Protocal" on these things? i said that since 2 turns went by, the reasonable thing is for him to drop the amulet, thus making his turn 100% legal, his miss his fault. he said he should re-instate the card he destroyed onto the board and not keep the "Destruction" spell… what do you say?

2. Stranger cards and event cards. - when we land on a spot and draw a card, when the Enchanter comes up, do decided we DON'T encounter him, since it says "the first one to land on him"? is this currect? same question for the Which and healer? can u heal immidietly if u draw the card? do u HAVE to roll a die if u take the witch?

another thing is the 4 cards like the Fountain of Wisdom. it say place 4 craft. the person drawing the card gets 1, and 3 are left on the board? or does he not take any at all? and u only take when someone lands on it next?

3. when the druid goes to the woods, if there is lets say a dragon there, does he have to beat him in order to gain his full spell quouta? or just stepping in the woods does it? even if there is something there.

4. for the praying characters, does the plus 1 add even if u roll a 6? meaning if i roll a movment die for 6, can i walk 7? and when i attack and roll a 6, do i get +7?

5.if u roll a 6 on the square closest to the guardian in order to go to middle area, u have enough steps to also go up to the inner region, can u do both in the same turn?

 

i think thats it.. these things bother us every time, hope figuring them out will help us progress.



#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

Qayin said:

1. about "oops". for example, a Druid has 3 spells and picked up the amulet, he said he'd like to keep it, we couldnt find anything in the rules that says he can't keep it and it just means that during other peoples turns he couldnt cast spells, but in his own turn he can always ditch the amulet and than cast a spell. so far legal?[/quote]

Yes, he can. He can ditch the Amulet also during other players' turns, but he cannot pick up the Amulet on the same turn he ditches it.

Qayin said:

Now, this isn't really in the rules i think but id like to know what most people do. - a few rounds later he cast "Destruction" and destroyed a card on the board, no one noticed he had the amulet that moment and said he couldnt, 2 turns went by and we all noticed suddenly that he couldnt have cast the spell. what is the "Protocal" on these things? i said that since 2 turns went by, the reasonable thing is for him to drop the amulet, thus making his turn 100% legal, his miss his fault. he said he should re-instate the card he destroyed onto the board and not keep the "Destruction" spell… what do you say?[/quote]

These are annoying situations, but happen quite often if players are unexperienced, demotivated, distracted, sleepy, tired, etc… There's no "protocol" for these cases, the only suggestion I can give to you is to go on with the game as no rule was broken, but paying more attention from then on.

Qayin said:

2. Stranger cards and event cards. - when we land on a spot and draw a card, when the Enchanter comes up, do decided we DON'T encounter him, since it says "the first one to land on him"? is this currect? same question for the Which and healer? can u heal immidietly if u draw the card? do u HAVE to roll a die if u take the witch?

another thing is the 4 cards like the Fountain of Wisdom. it say place 4 craft. the person drawing the card gets 1, and 3 are left on the board? or does he not take any at all? and u only take when someone lands on it next?[/quote]

You always encounter the cards you draw on a space, except when you are teleported somewhere else. If the person that draws the Enchanter has the numbers to claim the reward, he may do it immediately. The same for other Strangers and Places like the Fountain of Wisdom (take a cone immediately and 3 are left on the card).

Qayin said:

3. when the druid goes to the woods, if there is lets say a dragon there, does he have to beat him in order to gain his full spell quouta? or just stepping in the woods does it? even if there is something there.[/quote]

No, that's a land on space ability and is activated when the character lands on the space. This was further clarified in the current FAQ.

Qayin said:

4. for the praying characters, does the plus 1 add even if u roll a 6? meaning if i roll a movment die for 6, can i walk 7? and when i attack and roll a 6, do i get +7?[/quote]

Praying is a specific activity that happens on the Chapel for Good Characters, Graveyard for Evil Characters and on the Temple for everyone. This is also possible with some cards (e.g. Shrine). You pray only when an effect says "pray". No bonuses on movement, combat and any roll, except rolls for praying.

Qayin said:

5.if u roll a 6 on the square closest to the guardian in order to go to middle area, u have enough steps to also go up to the inner region, can u do both in the same turn?

Yes, if you overcome both the Sentinel and Portal of Power challenges, you can do both on the same turn.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS