Lando Calrissian (44)

-Millenium Falcon (1)

-Nien Nunb (1)

Biggs Darklighter (25)

-R2-F2 (3)

-Stealth (3)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)

-Ion Cannon Turret (5)

The basic plan was to set up on one side of the board and fly in a tight formation along the edge of the map.  Biggs starts out at Agility 4 (with a focus from Lando) and is still Agility 3 after he's first hit.  Meanwhile, Lando and the Y-Wing can pick off ships with their turret weapons without having to worry about fancy maneuvering.  It's not the strongest offensive list, but it can stick around long enough for its attacks to add up.

#2 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

dbmeboy said:

I had some success with this Rebel list last weekend:

Lando Calrissian (44)

-Millenium Falcon (1)

-Nien Nunb (1)

Biggs Darklighter (25)

-R2-F2 (3)

-Stealth (3)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)

-Ion Cannon Turret (5)

The basic plan was to set up on one side of the board and fly in a tight formation along the edge of the map.  Biggs starts out at Agility 4 (with a focus from Lando) and is still Agility 3 after he's first hit.  Meanwhile, Lando and the Y-Wing can pick off ships with their turret weapons without having to worry about fancy maneuvering.  It's not the strongest offensive list, but it can stick around long enough for its attacks to add up.

And a well-played squad it was. Tore up my Bounty Hunter and Academy Pilot list pretty thoroughly. My biggest fear was to end up with a disabled ship pointed at the edge of the map, so I was heistant to attack. That trepidation (and low pilot skill) really cost me. If we had all attacked at once, we might have been able to overwhelm Biggs and save ourselves some grief, but he lasted the whole match and drew fire just like he was made to. Great game, dbmeboy!

I fully intend on using a turreted list when I come back to the light side!

EDIT: It was really good to be humbled, because I was beginning to have delusions of grandeur!

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Shhh… don't tell everyone the secret of beating my squad! 

In the first game I played with it (vs souped up Han + 2 Rookie Pilots), Biggs did die early but I still won via ioning Han off the edge of the map.  I doubt it would work against the same player too many times as a good part of its success relied on my opponents not being sure how to approach a tight formation that could fire in any direction…

#4 pitsch

pitsch

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

I like this list, even if you roll bad, you have 3-4 turns that Biggs is the target. That may only be 6 or so shots, but that 3-4 die a shot, unless all ships are at range 3 of your group. I would counter this by throwing in a few ties or awings into the middle of your group to break it up, they will die, but it gets your other ships out of range 1 of Biggs. If you don't want to sacrifice a ship, or don't have a ship to sacrifice, the only thing to do is focus all fire on biggs and pray for a bad roll or 2.

Wave 5 ships are up for Pre Order!
http://www.spinninginspace.com/
Anyone in Virginia, DC, MD
https://www.facebook...vaXWingSquadron

#5 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

I like your list.  I run something very similar, but I think I'm going to give yours a try.  My list has a rookie X-Wing instead of the Y, and Lando has Determination.  What I love about Lando's ability is that it works even when players try to jam you up.  It's a very solid list.

#6 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

It took a little practice, but you can manage an crazy tight formation along the edge of the board (away from the asteroids).  After turn 2, I would usually have the Falcon a couple of millimeters behind the other 2 ships (with Biggs along the outside edge) and would then crawl slowly along the edge of the board.  Beyond my opponents having to worry about a ship pointing towards the edge getting caught by the ion cannon, it also really cuts down on how much firepower can be brought to bear on you as nobody is attacking from off the map.

#7 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Wow, only turrets, I need to try this it will be very funny, thanks for the tip, greetings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

Kaxel Vofer said:

Wow, only turrets, I need to try this it will be very funny, thanks for the tip, greetings.

You could get even more turrets by replacing Lando with 2 Gold Squadron Pilots with ion cannon turrets.  I'd still run Lando for the ability to give Biggs a focus and the increased range (and damage potential) of his attack vs the ion cannon, but I could see the Biggs + 3 Y-Wings being a pretty frustrating target for your opponents too.

#9 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

dbmeboy said:

It took a little practice, but you can manage an crazy tight formation along the edge of the board (away from the asteroids).  After turn 2, I would usually have the Falcon a couple of millimeters behind the other 2 ships (with Biggs along the outside edge) and would then crawl slowly along the edge of the board.  Beyond my opponents having to worry about a ship pointing towards the edge getting caught by the ion cannon, it also really cuts down on how much firepower can be brought to bear on you as nobody is attacking from off the map.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I've done something similar with both Falcon and Firespray lists, and discovered that it works beautifully… if you brought enough turrets. 

Also worth mentioning that I've run that configuration for Biggs three times--R2-F2 + Stealth + external Focus--and it's probably the best argument I've found for the Stealth Device. It's worth every point you spend to pull it off.

#10 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Vorpal Sword said:

Also worth mentioning that I've run that configuration for Biggs three times--R2-F2 + Stealth + external Focus--and it's probably the best argument I've found for the Stealth Device. It's worth every point you spend to pull it off.

Sadly, in the 3 times I've tried Biggs + R2-F2 + Stealth (2 of those times + focus from Lando), he's rolled 4x blanks on his first defensive roll and been hit on the first volley.  It hasn't helped that my opponent has had 3-4 hits on each of those attacks.  Still, I'm sticking to it because in the long run I can't keep rolling that bad and even once Stealth is gone Biggs is still a difficult target to hit.

#11 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Vorpal Sword said:

dbmeboy said:

Sounds like a good plan to me. I've done something similar with both Falcon and Firespray lists, and discovered that it works beautifully… if you brought enough turrets. 

Vorpal Sword said:

I know a lot of people don't like Biggs with Stealth device, but it's well worth the 3 points in this configuration. If you compare it to a shield upgrade, and you dodge more then 1 hit, then it's points well spent.  With this setup you will dodge more then 1 hit.

#12 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

mrfroggies said:

Vorpal Sword said:

I know a lot of people don't like Biggs with Stealth device, but it's well worth the 3 points in this configuration. If you compare it to a shield upgrade, and you dodge more then 1 hit, then it's points well spent.  With this setup you will dodge more then 1 hit.

What about if you add the R2-F2, you could spend one action, but you get the agility of 4, it could get you more probabitities of survive, greetings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#13 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

I've been planning on running this list with Draw Their Fire instead of the Millenium Falcon, but I'm just now realizing that it requires a ship to be hit by an attack, so it wouldn't be of any use to cover Biggs' stealth device. I wonder if there is a better use of that last point.

#14 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Jaravak said:

I've been planning on running this list with Draw Their Fire instead of the Millenium Falcon, but I'm just now realizing that it requires a ship to be hit by an attack, so it wouldn't be of any use to cover Biggs' stealth device. I wonder if there is a better use of that last point.

My other thought for the last point was to give the Y-Wing an R2 Astromech, but I think upgrading to the Falcon will help keep the Falcon alive longer once Biggs goes down.

#15 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

dbmeboy said:

Jaravak said:

My other thought for the last point was to give the Y-Wing an R2 Astromech, but I think upgrading to the Falcon will help keep the Falcon alive longer once Biggs goes down.

I was thinking that I'd be going full offense with the falcon, but I didn't think about what I'd do after Biggs goes down. Good call.

#16 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

I liked Biggs + Stealth + F2 until I ran into Vader + concussion missile and later a Firespray + Homing Missile. This is the turret build I currently use. All offense; screw defense.

#17 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

paradox23 said:

I liked Biggs + Stealth + F2 until I ran into Vader + concussion missile and later a Firespray + Homing Missile. This is the turret build I currently use. All offense; screw defense.

The thing is, even after Biggs gets hit and loses his Stealth, he's still rolling 3 defense dice with focus every attack (instead of 1 for your other 2 ships).  And I'd much rather that the 4 dice of the concussion missile or homing missile be rolled against 4 defense dice than 1.  That said, I do love the synergy of your build, It can certainly deliver some punishment.

#18 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

paradox23 said:

I prefer too a good ofense, like people saids, The most powerful defense is a good offense, I always prefer to take a good offense and have a good collection of weapons to have a good selection of manuvers of defense, greetings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#19 Hujoe Bigs

Hujoe Bigs

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Edit: Nevermind figured out the question myself!

Rebels: 4 X-wings, 2-Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 E-wings, 4 Z-95s, 1 YT-1300, 2 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 1 CR90, 1 GR-75 

Imperials: 5 Tie/Ln, 1 Tie/Adv, 7 Tie/In, 2 Tie/Sa, 2 Tie/D, 3 Phantoms, 1 FireSpray, 2 Lambda

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS