Weird Edge Battle result

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Hey guys. I was playing a game as the Dark Side where Human Replica Droid (pod 36) was defending and won the edge battle; therefore the edge icons were enabled.

The icons: Unit Damage and Blast Damage were to be resolved first, before my attacker BUT my question(s) are these:

1. Because I dont select an objective to attack like you would when launching an assault, what happens to the now enabled edge icon Blast Damage?
  2. Do you then select a objective to put this "reward" onto, or is the Blast Damage lost and you simply get the ability to use Unit Damage on the attacker, therefore getting the chance to kill the unit?

Also this didn't happen in the game but if I  destroyed my attacker with the edge enabled icon, possibly giving me the Unopposed Bonus would that benefit me, seeing as I didn't really select an objective in the normal stage of play?

Kind of a quirky rule question, but hope you can help.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Blast damage only works on the attack, same as unopposed damage.

Page 20:

Blast Damage: If the striking player is attacking,
he deals an amount of damage to the engaged
enemy objective equal to the º strength of the
striking unit. If the striking unit is defending, its
º icon type does not resolve.

Page 23:

If at least one attacking unit has survived, and there
are no surviving defenders, this is an unopposed
engagement and the attacking player deals one bonus
damage to the engaged objective card. This is known as
an unopposed bonus.

#3 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Then what is the point of winning the edge battle, if you only have edge dependent icons?

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

AussieJedi said:

Then what is the point of winning the edge battle, if you only have edge dependent icons?

I'm not sure I understand your question here.  Your original post mentioned some of the benefits of winning the edge battle: "turns on" your edge dependent icons and allows you to strike first.  Edge dependent or not, blast damage icons will do nothing when you are defending.

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

AussieJedi said:

Because otherwise you have zero active icons. Human Replica Droid also has unit damage which works on defense as well as attack.

#6 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

It also prevents your opponent from activating THEIR edge-dependent icons, which can be a big deal.

#7 AussieJedi

AussieJedi

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thanks I realised the answer to my question once I has posted it… duh!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS