Misfortune question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

The spell states that you can cast this when a player is about to roll a die, the question is can this be used when a player is rolling the attack roll of a monster? We argue about this since it is not the character's turn but he his still rolling a die. We allowed it and as such a player was killed by the vampire prince.

Funny thing happenned with the Misfortune spell in our last game, I had twice the spell in possession, a roll a 1 for my movement, the player I wanted to kill was 1 square away from the reaper, I rolled the die didn't get a 1, used a fate to reroll and cast Misfortune on me, and then on the other player, very upset player ;)

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

frogemoth said:

The spell states that you can cast this when a player is about to roll a die, the question is can this be used when a player is rolling the attack roll of a monster? We argue about this since it is not the character's turn but he his still rolling a die. We allowed it and as such a player was killed by the vampire prince.

When a player rolls a die for an Enemy, this roll can't be considered as a roll made by a character, otherwise the rolling player might use his fate to reroll the Enemy's attack roll (which is not allowed, as we all know). However, I don't understand how making the Vampire Prince roll a 1 could make things worse for the character who is fighting against him.

#3 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Well if I remember correctly the rules specifically state that you cannot use fate when rolling the die for a monster, however the Misfortune spell doesn't state so. Agreed my example was wrong, but in this case I justed wanted to recycle the spell as I was stuck with it as nobody was rolling 1 for their move :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS