• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Qayin

Qayin

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Question is this.

at the Crown of command a and i (Priest) attacked the Warrior  (lets assume our Str Value is 0)

my die roll was 4 and he rolled two dice as the warrior battle abiility states, and recived a 4 and a 1.

what i claim is this:

the attack ended and the value he defended agaist me was 4. at that point he chose to use FATE and rerolled, and the die dropped on 3.

I claim that since the Warrior ability was to CHOOSE 1 DIE to attack me with, the use of FATE means he HAS to take what the fate-roll states.

What he claims is that as a warrior he has a backup, in this instance meaning that the 4 he rolled stayed on the board (As insurence) and if he rolled lower or equal, nothing would happen to him because he always has the 4, or higher i would take dmg.

which one is true?

ty!

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

Qayin said:

Question is this.

at the Crown of command a and i (Priest) attacked the Warrior  (lets assume our Str Value is 0)

my die roll was 4 and he rolled two dice as the warrior battle abiility states, and recived a 4 and a 1.

what i claim is this:

the attack ended and the value he defended agaist me was 4. at that point he chose to use FATE and rerolled, and the die dropped on 3.

I claim that since the Warrior ability was to CHOOSE 1 DIE to attack me with, the use of FATE means he HAS to take what the fate-roll states.

What he claims is that as a warrior he has a backup, in this instance meaning that the 4 he rolled stayed on the board (As insurence) and if he rolled lower or equal, nothing would happen to him because he always has the 4, or higher i would take dmg.

which one is true?

ty!

In this case, the Warrior may re-roll the 1 result with Fate, then choose to pick the 4 result if the reroll is not better. Each die roll can be rerolled once with Fate and the Warrior can re-roll both dice if he has Fate and wishes to.

Remember that the attacking character must choose first whether to use Fate to reroll his combat roll, then the defending character has the same option. So if the Warrior (defending character in the above example) uses Fate, the Priest (attacking) cannot see what happens and use Fate as well. Rules say he must choose first whether to use Fate or not.

#3 Qayin

Qayin

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

are you sure?

if im not mistaken the rulebook say "when rolling 2 die the person may only use fate on 1 die"

and also, fate says "The player Must accept the value that comes out on the rerolled die"

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Qayin said:

are you sure?

if im not mistaken the rulebook say "when rolling 2 die the person may only use fate on 1 die"

and also, fate says "The player Must accept the value that comes out on the rerolled die"

First part is true, but the second, well, it's sorta true. Yes, say you roll a 4 and a 1, Fate the 1 and reroll a 3, you must accept the value of the reroll. However, with the Warrior, it doesn't mean he has the CHOOSE the die, he can choose the 4 die. Normally, since you only have 1 die to choose from, rerolled die's result becomes your end result, but with two dice and choosing, it doesn't force you into picking the rerolled die, you can pick the non-rerolled one if you want.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Qayin said:

are you sure?

The Rule is as follows:

If a player rolls multiple dice (for example the Death space in the Inner Region), he may only pay one fate to reroll one of them.

I've always interpreted this rule as referred to rolling multiple dice to add them together. The Warrior ability rolls 2 separate dice and picks 1, I think you can use fate on both dice if you can and want (never seen it happen, though, as the Warrior rarely acquires lots of Fate, except when he has Fate Stealer). Maybe I'm wrong on this and you're right in applying this rule whenever a players rolls more than 1 die.

If a player pays a fate token to reroll a die, he must accept the new result means that the new result becomes definitive and replaces the previous one, which can't be considered anymore. It doesn't mean that when you use fate to reroll a result that you may choose, you have to choose the result of the reroll.

#6 Qayin

Qayin

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

thanks buddy…

it does seem a-bit open to interpetaion… ill just see if anyone else comments and what they say.

#7 MonkOfDoom

MonkOfDoom

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Dam said:

Qayin said:

are you sure?

First part is true, but the second, well, it's sorta true. Yes, say you roll a 4 and a 1, Fate the 1 and reroll a 3, you must accept the value of the reroll. However, with the Warrior, it doesn't mean he has the CHOOSE the die, he can choose the 4 die. Normally, since you only have 1 die to choose from, rerolled die's result becomes your end result, but with two dice and choosing, it doesn't force you into picking the rerolled die, you can pick the non-rerolled one if you want.

I personally think this makes the most sense.  I'm not sure about Warlock's interpretation regarding being able to fate both dice.  I personally would say that's not the case, yuo can only fate one of them.

#8 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

MonkOfDoom said:

Dam said:

Qayin said:

are you sure?

I personally think this makes the most sense.  I'm not sure about Warlock's interpretation regarding being able to fate both dice.  I personally would say that's not the case, yuo can only fate one of them.

I'm ok with this, all in all is what it's written in the basic rulebook. Roll multiple dice => spend 1 Fate on one dice only, no matter what you do with the multiple dice.

But as I said, I've never seen a Warrior in need to reroll both dice, so I never applied my interpretation to a real game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS