• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 theharrower

theharrower

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hmm. This looks familiar…

Anyone else see the WizKids Announcement?

Looks cool. Although if the stats are the same the Falcon would destory the Enterprise D!

#2 KnightShift

KnightShift

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

theharrower said:

Hmm. This looks familiar…

Anyone else see the WizKids Announcement?

Looks cool. Although if the stats are the same the Falcon would destory the Enterprise D!

Falcon would destroy the Enterprise D anyway.

As J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5 creator) put it, "Stun settings are for people who can't commit."

;-)

#3 rowdyoctopus

rowdyoctopus

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

This isn't exactly an expansion, more-so a whole new game.  WizKids is integrating their heroclix dial in some capacity, and the scale won't be anything close to what X-Wing (not even the same scale within the trek ships) provides if they use their pre-existing models from the Star Trek: Fleet Captains board game and the Star Trek: Tactics Heroclix expansions.  There is more discussion about it here:

http://www.fantasyfl...=6&efidt=795287

#4 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Doesn't seem to fit the dog fight style of X-Wing, but I'll probably give it a try if it's not too pricy.  Curious if they will use their Star Trek Heroclix molds, which should keep the cost down (looks like it from the pics, but that means they will not be to scale and much bigger than the regular X-Wing pieces which could be odd on the small base shown). 

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  3 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  3 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

#5 rowdyoctopus

rowdyoctopus

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

WizKids is becoming infamous for re-purposing their models.  Their Trek Heroclix models first showed up in their Fleet Captains board game.  Within Heroclix itself they have released the same model with different paint jobs in completely different set releases.  Sometimes the same model is even used for diffferent characters.  For a company that has a 9 year history of providing new models every release, it has become disapointing.  I would be very surprised if they had new models for this game.

#6 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

I also like Star Trek, but the Wizkids sculpts are really bad looking. Given how much they reuse them over and over again, figure they would put some better detail into them instead of having them look like a childs art project. Plus that entire collectable tag is saying to me random assorted closed booster packs. So sink your money in and hope you get them all. 

Although I am curious as to how different the other mechanics of the game will be. Seems like they are only liscensing the movement mechanics of the system.

#7 kay_dawg

kay_dawg

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Get that Star Trek $%^& outa here.

Kidding. ;-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS