Just another Death Star trench run…

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

The Rebel Scum did not prevail.  Trench Run scenario but now with Wave 2 vessels.  My portion of this game was 4 TIE Interceptors (all with stealth) and a bounty hunter Firespray.  Yes, I did lay a proximity mine in the trench reir

• JFunk likes this

Enimo Et Fide

#2 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Wow that looks fantastic!  The Death Star surface look very realistic, are these images available to download?  I am starting work on my own Trench and this looks like one of the best I have seen. 

Nerfherder in Training

#3 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Send me a message with your email and I will send you the image I used for the DS surface.

Enimo Et Fide

#4 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Notice the Firespray sandwhich in the trench too!

Enimo Et Fide

#5 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Thanks again, PM sent.  BTW which side won?

Nerfherder in Training

#6 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

This was our second Death Star scenario game, the Imperials won and blew the Rebel base to pieces.  Our first game during wave 1, the Rebels won.

Enimo Et Fide

#7 Hussar

Hussar

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yes That does look great!! Hoping to build my own DS soon.  I like what you did with that

#8 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

DoubleNot7 said:

Notice the Firespray sandwhich in the trench too!

How could you make the "sandwich"?? Doesn't koiogran turns in the trench automatically move the ship from inside the trench to the topside/surface?

(From the Death Star Trench Run: A mission for the X-Wing Miniatures Game):

TRENCH MOVEMENT

STRAIGHTENING OUT: When in the trench, close is

good enough. If your approach was a good one, your ship

should be nearly parallel to the trench walls as you enter

the Trench Zone. If it is slightly misaligned, feel free to

make a tiny angle adjustment to make your path parallel

to the wall, and assume that your ship will not deviate

from that course without executing a maneuver.

TRENCH KOIOGRAN TURNS: After a ship in the Trench

Zone executes a Koiogran turn maneuver, resolve any

collisions that occur in that zone. Then, the ship returns

to the Surface Zone and skips its Action Step this round.

This maneuver may result in an in-zone collision and an

interzone collision.

We have had similar issues during the first couple of times we played it where we also missed that you can't land/enter in to the trench on a Koiogran turn since it takes an action to enter the trench.

But it all certainly looked like fun, we also use a real trench model and the acrylic bridges, makes it really challenging to keep track of the ships in the different zones. Real fun mission.

2014 X-Wing Regional Champion (CPH, Denmark)

Fleet: 1 x [YT-1300] -  5 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] - 1 x [Transport] - 1 x [Tantive IV]: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 6 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams "Battlefields": 3 x Gale Force 9 Mats

#9 Argyle Jedi

Argyle Jedi

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

That is without a doubt, the most awesome minis campaign I've ever seen.  Where did you get the pattern for the Death Star?!

#10 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Argyle Jedi said:

That is without a doubt, the most awesome minis campaign I've ever seen.  Where did you get the pattern for the Death Star?!

You can get a high resolution file here:

2014 X-Wing Regional Champion (CPH, Denmark)

Fleet: 1 x [YT-1300] -  5 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] - 1 x [Transport] - 1 x [Tantive IV]: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 6 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams "Battlefields": 3 x Gale Force 9 Mats

#11 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Forensicus said:

How could you make the "sandwich"?? Doesn't koiogran turns in the trench automatically move the ship from inside the trench to the topside/surface?

(From the Death Star Trench Run: A mission for the X-Wing Miniatures Game):

TRENCH MOVEMENT

STRAIGHTENING OUT: When in the trench, close is

good enough. If your approach was a good one, your ship

should be nearly parallel to the trench walls as you enter

the Trench Zone. If it is slightly misaligned, feel free to

make a tiny angle adjustment to make your path parallel

to the wall, and assume that your ship will not deviate

from that course without executing a maneuver.

TRENCH KOIOGRAN TURNS: After a ship in the Trench

Zone executes a Koiogran turn maneuver, resolve any

collisions that occur in that zone. Then, the ship returns

to the Surface Zone and skips its Action Step this round.

This maneuver may result in an in-zone collision and an

interzone collision.

We have had similar issues during the first couple of times we played it where we also missed that you can't land/enter in to the trench on a Koiogran turn since it takes an action to enter the trench.

But it all certainly looked like fun, we also use a real trench model and the acrylic bridges, makes it really challenging to keep track of the ships in the different zones. Real fun mission.

Easy answer:  We color outside the lines! 

We have played the scenario strictly by the rules before.  We then made some modifications to adjust based on input from our players.  Among the changes were the removal of stack limits in the trench; ships making a gunnery run on the port still had to run the gauntlet but any other ships could enter/leave the trench at any location/direction.  K-turns still exited the trench.

Enimo Et Fide

#12 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Laser Brain

• Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

That's my mission! I haven't played it since Wave 1 but I've been curious to see it with the new ships. Awesome.

Here's the link to the mission PDF:

http://www.outworld-...hs-DSTR-v01.pdf

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#13 Davor

Davor

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

I had to laugh. Can't find the quote but it was about Turbo lasers hitting X-wings vs X-wing going into the turbo laser. Just imagine, if the Star Destroyer could actually hit the X-wing, how awesome they are in marksmanship where the Stormtroopers can't hit anything.  :P

Also on a side note, did FFG ever say X-wing was to scale? If so, heaven forbid they go back on their word to make and expand on X-wing to be more fun.

Remember you DON'T have to buy what is not to scale if that is what you call fun. Leave it for those  who will find it fun. Nothing is mandatory to buy. FFG is just trying to make X-wing more fun by adding different elements to the game. Otherwise X-wing will just get stale and not grow. 

Also didn't FFG did say the bigger ships will have different rule sets? So it will not play exactly like X-wing. Not sure about this, can anyone correct me if I am wrong. 

#14 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

That's my mission! I haven't played it since Wave 1 but I've been curious to see it with the new ships. Awesome.

Here's the link to the mission PDF:

http://www.outworld-...hs-DSTR-v01.pdf

Absolutely, I always give you the author credits too!  We do add a few house rules though:

1.  No stack limit in trench,

2.  Only ships making a gunnery run have to enter the trench at predetermined point and run the gauntlet.  Others may enter at will and from any direction.

Enimo Et Fide

#15 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Glorious!

That is all.

#16 dsoline

dsoline

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Outstanding.

#17 ludiqsmacker

ludiqsmacker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

This is beautiful

I need to create same

#18 talasea

talasea

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

how did you get that? is it printable?

#19 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

A link to the surface image is listed in the thread above. Please don't om me for it if you are not a regular poster. It just screams spambot.

Enimo Et Fide

#20 talasea

talasea

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

Sorry. It just looks really cool.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS