More Edge of Darkness spoilers

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

Played at FFG Event center this weekend and they had the box sitting out . I wonder why Dengar is massaging Ten Numb? sonreir

Edit: Image gets cut off on here, you might have to save it or open it in a new tab to see Chewbacca.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

Don't suppose you got Chewbacca's OSet number ?

#3 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

No. Sorry, I will look next time I'm there

#4 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

So, can Chewbacca use his Reaction if he's going to take lethal damage? If someone hits him for 3 can he "hit them back" before he dies?

Great spoilers, thanks for the effort, BTW. I really want to know what The Almighty Sarlacc does, LOL!

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Darik said:

So, can Chewbacca use his Reaction if he's going to take lethal damage? If someone hits him for 3 can he "hit them back" before he dies?

Great spoilers, thanks for the effort, BTW. I really want to know what The Almighty Sarlacc does, LOL!

Nope, he'd be dead before he could use his reaction.  Similar reasons to why Boba Fett cannot capture a unit that he killed when he strikes.

#6 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Darik said:

I find it very interesting that it's not only a unit, but it's a non-unique unit…

#7 superradjoe

superradjoe

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

doctormungmung said:

Darik said:

I find it very interesting that it's not only a unit, but it's a non-unique unit…

It's actually an enhancement.  You'll notice it has a rounded top on the image, which indicates Enhancement.  Units do not have that.

Can anyone type out Chewbacca's text?  having a hard time reading it.  Also OP, next time you're there could you see about capturing the entire back of the box?  Would be nice to read the text :)

#8 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

It's a shame that Chewbacca can't get you on his way out…but it makes Shielding, Protect: Character, etc. all the more important with him.

Here is his text as best as I can make it out:

"Reaction: After this unit takes damage during an engagement it deals that much damage to a participating enemy unit."

But there might be a couple extra words that I can't make out. Something has be in there about how to handle Tactics damage, I think. It might say Chewie deals the same amount (and type) of damage to a particpating enemy unit.

#9 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Yea sorry about the quality. It was really awkward trying to take a pic of the back of the box.

#10 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

superradjoe said:

It's actually an enhancement.  You'll notice it has a rounded top on the image, which indicates Enhancement.  Units do not have that.

Missed that bit.  I guess I was just too excited by the possibilities of Rancors and Sarlacc's running all over the place….

#11 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Darik said:

It's a shame that Chewbacca can't get you on his way out…but it makes Shielding, Protect: Character, etc. all the more important with him.

Here is his text as best as I can make it out:

"Reaction: After this unit takes damage during an engagement it deals that much damage to a participating enemy unit."

But there might be a couple extra words that I can't make out. Something has be in there about how to handle Tactics damage, I think. It might say Chewie deals the same amount (and type) of damage to a particpating enemy unit.

Damage only means one thing in this game: damage.  When a unit with 1 or more tactics icon strikes it places focus tokens equal to its tactics strength, but it is never refered to as "damage."

#12 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Ah, thanks for the clarification dbmeboy.

Still, it looks like there is one more word in Chewbacca's text that I can't quite make out…

And I'll bet the Sarlacc enhances an objective and "eats" captured cards there somehow.

#13 fgerken

fgerken

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

As for Chewbacca Set#. I would bet it's 69 as "Let the Wookie Win" is 69.

http://deckbauer.telfador.net/ - Deckbuilder and Card list for The Lord of the Rings, A Game of Thrones, Android: Netrunner and Star Wars.
At Google+ and Facebook

#14 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

I read Chewbacca's text as follows:

After this unit is dealth damage during an engagement, it deals twice that much damage to a target participating enemy unit.

If that is the text imagine how sick that would be if you could give him protect. As is, he is a pretty good deterent for Vader attacking. 

#15 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

fgerken said:

As for Chewbacca Set#. I would bet it's 69 as "Let the Wookie Win" is 69.

That is my guess as well and where I put it in my What we know thread. 

#16 PlebeianMaw

PlebeianMaw

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Chewbacca's ability might actually work on his way out.  In Game of Thrones, designed and published by the much of the same team, reactions can be played off of Moribund cards(Those on the way out of play).

#17 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

PlebeianMaw said:

Chewbacca's ability might actually work on his way out.  In Game of Thrones, designed and published by the much of the same team, reactions can be played off of Moribund cards(Those on the way out of play).

That's nice and all, but in Star Wars: The Card Game you cannot use a Reaction on a card that has been discarded (and there is no "on the way out of play" state).

#18 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

PlebeianMaw said:

There is no moribund state in Star Wars.

#19 videinfra

videinfra

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Also works great with Let the Wookie Win. But I guess that's by design.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS