Photo

Which 2e/1e books do you still reference for material?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

Which 2e/1e books do you still reference for material?

I find myself still thumbing through RoS and Sigmar's Heirs.  They're just chock full of good adventure hooks!

jh

#2 No:12

No:12

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hi,

I mostly use Sigmars Heirs for the gazeteers on each province, though Sold Down the River and City of Chaos still get plenty of use for the fun of detailed city information.

#3 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Sigmar's Heirs is still a big ole help and I wish they would put one out for v3 since 2nd Ed was set after the Storm of Chaos and this is set before, I really loved the post apocalyptical fantasy feel that 2nd ed had, the time line is the only thing I'm missing :P.

#4 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Sigmar's Heirs and Realm of Sorcery mostly too. 

The Old World Bestiary is nice if I'm adding fluff or coming up with what rumours are about monsters (the different quotes and viewpoints on all the creatures).  I referred to Nights Dark Masters lots when running 1000 Thrones with its vampire plotlines.

I don't reference it lots but the standard building layouts in the old Game Master's Pack get used as needed for farms etc.

#5 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

In WFRP 2e there were many good books full of usefull fluff. Starting from the Sigmars Heirs, WFRP Companion and GM Toolkit that had many information about provinces, important or interesting locations to festivals and every day life. The next were Knight of the Grail and Realm of the Ice Queen wich did the same as Sigmars Heirs bt for Bretonia and Kislev.

The fluff used in Old World Bestiary is very usefull, especialy the common view and what creatures think about themself.

We still need something like Old Worlds Armoury for WFRP 3e.

S there were really many good books in 2e that should have been reprinted with updated stuff for 3e. That's why I think that FFG should do the new hardback books for 3e with more fluff and less mechanic that would be playable with every edition.

Cheers

#6 Amani

Amani

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

I do find 3rd edition lacking in background material, to the detriment of the game I'd say. Fortunately I still have my 1st and 2nd edition books to pull from. That said I feel the 3rd edition system is far superior to the 1st and 2nd editions. Although I really have little problem with 2nd edition and find it is better than a lot of game systems out there. I'm happy for all the additions really. Now I just wish future material/editions would expand Warhammer Fantasy beyond the classic Empire setting. 2nd edition did a good job at this with books on the Borderlands, Norsca, Kislev, and Bretonnia but I'd like to see material for Araby and other lands to the East and South. The Dark Lands or even Lustria would be awesome! 

#7 Necrozius

Necrozius

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

The Lost and the Damned (the one about Nurgle and Tzeentch is impossible to find) and Tome of Corruption. Lots of great stuff in those books!

#8 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Oh the Lost and the Damned, I envy you.  I have the Korne/Slaanesh book.  I don't use it so much, it is very very WFB-oriented but still some nice fluff etc.

#9 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

I have both…. my little beatiful corrupting books…

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS