• 178 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Lando Calrissian (44)

- Swarm Tactics (2)

"Dutch" Vander (23)

- Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Garven Dreis (26)

100 pts

Garven moves; takes a focus action (big surprise!).

Dutch moves; takes a focus action.

Lando moves; takes a target lock action; gives Dutch a free action.

Dutch takes a target lock action; gives a free target lock to Garven.

Lando declares Garven as the target of Swarm Tactics.

Garven fires; gives a focus to Lando.

Every round all three ships get focus + target lock.

Garven will die.

Lando and Dutch will try to maneuver to stay out of most enemy arcs for the remainder of the fight (thanks to ion tokens and 360 firing arc).

#2 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

alot of synergy but fairly delicate. Overall it looks fun!

#3 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

The 1 evade die is pretty awful.  The couple of times that the other side ganged up on the Falcon, I've managed to tear through 3+ ships before she went down.  It's definitely a suboptimal build, but I haven't lost with it yet.  

It doesn't matter which ship dies first, the other 2 always have great synergy… and target lock + focus ever round is a lot more lethal than I would have expected it to be in practice.

#4 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

have u tested this build? what did u face? howd it go?

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#5 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

So far I am undefeated with this build. It has run against a Slave-1 Interceptor build, a Slave-1 Tie, a TIE swarm, an Interceptor swarm, and x-y wing builds.

I have yet to test it vs Han or any of Hothie's anti Han builds. Piloting it is the key to victory… not getting shot back helps a lot.

#6 GenmaSeuss

GenmaSeuss

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

I like this list.  My problem with it is that the Garvin Focus doesn't actually do anything. 

I mean Lando shoots first so he can himself focus and give Dutch the ability to target lock (which dutch bounces back).  So Garvin passes the Falson a Focus for Defense?  Hardly seems worthwhile.  

Or you can pass a focus to Dutch.  Once again its really bad to use a focus on defense with one evade die.  So I guess Dutch doesn't have to take a focus action with his action, he can lock, pass a lock.  Then Lando can get Garvin a lock.  So in this sense its pretty good.  I just don't think Garvin is the great ship here.  It's the Dutch Lando synergy.  Both the ships have relatively the same speed.  They both have turreted weapons, And well they are a walking 21 Damage ship I guess. 

Heres a list I have . . .

==================
Lando Dutch A-Wing
==================

100 points

Pilots
------

Lando Calrissian (49)
Upgrades: Concussion Missiles (4), Nien Nunb (1), Swarm Tactics (2)?

"Dutch" Vander (34)
Upgrades:  Proton Torpedoes (4), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Prototype Pilot (17)

I like to have the intial long range beatdown before I am engaged at close range.  (Hence I traded Garvin for a A-Wing and two secondary hard hitters)  so I try to pop a good ship at range 3 with the missiles and the torpedoes (as we discussed they are both Locked and Focused so easy).  Then we try to use our turrets to our advantage.  The A-Wing is just Harassing, you run him outside of the Falcon and Dutch with his super fast speed and try to "flank" an opponent.  He can pick off any low sheild ships or finish of a low hp ship.  

I've only got 2 games of this one in going 1-1.  they were both pretty lucky,  

Swarm Tactics isn't particularly strong,.  Maybe go with homing missiles and Determination on the Falcon?  Falcon is very easy to crit might give it a tad more durability,.   

So thats where I am at in the evolution of the Lando Dutch Garvin list. 

#7 GenmaSeuss

GenmaSeuss

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

I immediately apologize.  You have Swarm Tactics on Lando.  That makes more sense to bump Garvin to pass the focus to Lando. 

Must be a little tough navigating with all three ships close together however. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS