Slave 1 100pt Build Help?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JStollings

JStollings

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

I just started playing X-Wing and picked up the Slave 1 expansion (Love me some Fett) and want to build an army aroud him. I haven't got a chance to try him out yet and was wondering what you all are upgrading him with or what kind of squands you are running. I think I want to use Boba Fett as the pilot and possibly give him 1 or 2 more tie fighters as backup. 

When I play I like to be aggressive and come out the gate firing. I don't sit back and wait I usually am the aggressive one when playing. My question I guess is do you think its smart to use up every upgrade slot he has or only take a few? I am fairly new to the game and this would be my first time building a squad. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

#2 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Bespin Squad

Night Beast (15)
Winged Gundark (15)
Howlrunner + Swarm Tactics (20)
Boba Fett + Heavy Laser Cannon + Seismic Charges + Expert Handling + Slave-1 (50)

#3 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Hank said:

Bespin Squad

Night Beast (15)
Winged Gundark (15)
Boba Fett + Heavy Laser Cannon + Seismic Charges + Expert Handling + Slave-1 (50)

Or drop Night Beast and Winged Gundark and pick up 2 Academy Pilots and give Gunner to Boba.

#4 Sunsteel

Sunsteel

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hank said:

Bespin Squad

Night Beast (15)
Winged Gundark (15)

I never thought about Expert Handling with the Firespray or the YT-1300, but that is awesome, especially for the Firespray when you consider the fact that it does not have a 360 firing arc and may need it to reposition for a shot.

#5 JStollings

JStollings

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Just curious, but why put slave 1 upgrade on if you are not taking a torpedo upgrade? Isn't that what its for???

#6 Artedil

Artedil

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Because Boba flies in the Slave1 and he doesn't fly in another ship.

#7 JStollings

JStollings

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

So you HAVE to have slave 1 upgrade in order to use Boba?

#8 JStollings

JStollings

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

So I tested out this build tonight and it went pretty good. I swapped out Night Beast and Winged Gundark and pick up 2 Academy Pilots and gave Gunner to Boba. Worked well with howlrunner until he got blown up early on in the game. I think I am going to try it next week with Night Beast and Gundark and compare the differences. 

Thanks everyone for sharing. If you have any other build suggestions please let me know. I am also thinking about trying out one of the other pilots that came with the Slave 1 expansion.

#9 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

JStollings said:

No, it isn't a requirement, but I think he was referring to the principle of the thing. The Slave I title is zero points anyway, so it doesn't cost anything to add it.

#10 JStollings

JStollings

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the information. This is my first time building

#11 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Gullwind said:

JStollings said:

No, it isn't a requirement, but I think he was referring to the principle of the thing. The Slave I title is zero points anyway, so it doesn't cost anything to add it.

You are correct sir :)    It doen't cost a thing, so if you wanna play Boba why not through it on. 

#12 Majeh

Majeh

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Gullwind said:

JStollings said:

Yeah, its a flavr thing. Plus you can say "I got slave 1, what now?"

#13 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

I like the bounty hunter, cheapest and still effective (not like the Outer Rim Smuggler).  But Krassis is very good also.  Haven't flown Scarlett yet.

#14 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

My favorite Firespray build so far for 100 points is running (2) Bounty Hunters with upgrades.

Enimo Et Fide

#15 Artedil

Artedil

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Remember that Howlrunner doesn't work with secondary weapon (like lase cannon).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS