~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

I notice on Axe of Khorne strike that there is an entry for 

+1 critical

+1critical

+1 critical

Cant this already occur with multiple comets under normal combat rules?

jh

#2 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Isn't the normal rule that each die effect can be activated only once.  So you need multiple entries of same to say you can activate it more than once.

Rob

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Ignoring Khorne strike for a second: can a person get more than one critical using melee strike by getting one or more comets and nailing their CR with boons on one or more occasions?

I know there's the "line once" rule, but doe sthat include criticals, which aren't even on the cards?  Anybody got a reference for me?

jh

#4 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Page 8 of the FAQ explicitly says this, otherwise it's implied.

Generally I interpret "effect triggering limits" to mean this, e.g, softcover rulebook page 45. This is under boons but uses broad "no effect triggered more than once" terms and the Sigmar Comet section that follows refers to "effects" still, softcover rules, page 46, "if more than one Sigmar's Comet is rolled, each can be used for different effects."  That doesn't explicitly say you can't use them for the same more than once but I read that as being established by the earlier reference.  The rules are generally written with a certain "economy of language" (we said it once and only once etc.).

But the FAQ is clear:

A weapon’s critical effect can only be triggered one per attack using Sigmar’s Comet results. A weapon’s critical rating can only be triggered once per attack using boons. Other sources of critical damage effects (such as an action card, talent, or magic effect) can each contribute their own critical damage results if the triggering requirements are satisfied.

Oh, and to your other thread.  YES it's very frustrating.  Only a great community for great game keeps me here, the website itself bleah.

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Thanks V.  I'm trying to nail down any loose ends on a lot of rules elements we've been sloppy on over the past 4 years..

jh

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS