Storage Solutions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kartigan

Kartigan

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

You got 'em, I want 'em.  I love this game and I love its bits (yes, ALL the bits).  But man I need something better than ziplocs.  I am specifically hoping that some kind soul out there can direct me toward the right sized Plano boxes and I can buy several of them and pack it all away. 

So, any suggestions on storage?  I have everything, so I need some ideas on how to keep it all seperated, organized, and easy to find.  Any help is appreciated.

#2 Romus

Romus

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

I made a video a while back on how I store mine

• socratim likes this

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

The books are in magazine holders.

For my GM stuff: small box for holding my random decks (wounds, insanities, conditions, mutations, diseases, miscasts, etc.).  There is a random chaos/comet effect chart taped to this

Album pages hold my career cards (4x5 negative holders) & regular and small cards (playing card sheets).

I have some tool sorters for the monster stand-ups and a box for the character stand-ups (we don't really use these though as we use mini's instead).  

My dice go in the Adventure's Toolkit box and I pass that around the table before the game.

We have dice-roller trays so the dice don't get scattered during play (and my player seach contributed extra dice BACK WHEN YOU COULD STILL BUY DICE FOR THIS GAME).

The useless GM screen, tuck boxes, and stance rings sits in a box on the shelf as examples of instantly obsolete design :)

Each player has his own gallon zyplock bag to hold his stuff:  table tent, metal coins, handouts, album sheets for action cards, etc.  These, I keep in the CORE box on the shelf.

jh

#4 Kartigan

Kartigan

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Nice, thanks for the help.  Romus, what is the name of that deep tackle box you have most things in?  Or the name of those clear containers that have the wound cards, stance markers, etc.?

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

btw, here are some of my pix of my dedicated gaming space  http://gallery.rptoo...kol7/?g2_page=3

#6 Brother Bart

Brother Bart

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hello,

I use the main starter box to keep the books. Inside the main box, on top of the softcover books, I keep the Players Toolkit box which has all of my large format (polaroid sized) cards and character sheet pads (as well as pencils, etc). Also in here is the charcter 'boxes' that keep all the bits and cards for current characters and a big zip-loc bag with all the dice.

For all of the fiddly components, I got this Stanley organizer. All of the little compartments are actually removable trays of varrying sizes. The largest ones can fit the full sized (i.e. Action) cards, the medium sized ones are perfect for all of the tiny format cards (i.e. wounds, talents, etc.), and the smallest little boxes are perfect for tracking markers, stress/fatigue markers, stance track pieces, and the like. The little containers are perfect becuase I can take out the ones I need, set them on the table, and set the organizer off to the side, or under the table out of the way.

When I first bought into WFRP, I got the main box, Player's Toolkit, GMs Toolkit, A Gathering Storm, and The Edge of Night box sets. At that point, all of the cards and components (even the dice) fit into this container perfectly. But I recently got back into the game and started catching up with the expansions…picked up Signs of Faith, Winds of Magic, Omens of War, Black Fire Pass, and the Creature Vault….I even got another starter box set for duplicates of the basic action cards and really to get another pile of dice because they are out of print…so needless to say the card and component count has gone way up. I'm transitioning the standard sized card storage to those 3x3 baseball card sheets that go into 3-ring binders. I now keep most of the monster stand-ups in the Stanley organizer, and the character standups are kept in a seperate zip-loc bag since I only really need them for character creation…I will pull a few out for NPCs from time to time and keep those in the Players Toolkit box with other current adventure specific components.

So far I havent gone the card sleve route, but am contemplating it…especially since I am getting close to making and printing some new cards using Strange Eons.

If anyone is interested in seeing how I organized everything, I will take a photo later and post it up.

#7 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Craft stores/knitting/home sense places supply what I use, including dollar store sections for the foregoing.

Stackable round plastic containers for tokens etc. (supposed to hold buttons and things)

Faux leather stackable boxes for different types of cards.

#8 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Magic tape on the back of your trackers helps to keep them from sliding around.  We keep our 4x5 sheets in 4x5" sheet protectors (cut from the album sheets).

This works good for wind, dog obedience, party tension, and nemesis sheets.

jh

#9 SPARTAN VI

SPARTAN VI

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

I've been looking to getting little wooden chests for storing adventurer cards, tokens, etc. My local Michaels Arts & Crafts store has them for $3 each; just need to hit them with Minwax Wood Varnish, bronze acrylic paint, and some dry brush weathering and they'll fit right in.

They're similar to the image below and can hold between 20 and 30 cubic inches (the original PC boxes have a volume of 15 cubic inches).

#10 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

I use boxes from Raaco, the cool thing about these boxes are that you can lift the trays out. So for all the tokens you need to put on the table for the player you just pick up the tray with the tokens. Also, they have perfectly sized trays. There are smaller sized trays which fit perfectly for small cards such as insanities, mutations, wounds etc. There are some larger which the larger cards fit in, such as actions, these I use for creature actions and standups (putting for example all greenskin standups and actions in the same tray). There are also even larger trays in which the career cards and handouts fit perfectly. They even fit with card sleeves if you use that sort of thing.

Here's a picture of my solution: https://dl.dropbox.c...55200/raaco.jpg. In total I have 5 raaco boxes for WFRP, also I have two Ultra Pro binders, with card holders, in which I store the player actions (all "normal" actions in one binder and all spell/blessing actions in another).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS