#1 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...epmi=s&eidm=184

Contains objective sets 69 - 90

Unclear cards that are not placed in any Objective Sets are: Sabotage, Saboteur, Paid Informant, Smuggling Compartment, The Almighty Sarlacc

69 - Smugglers and Spies - Wookiee Life Debt

- Chewbacca

- Wookiee Warrior

- Wookiee Warrior

- Let the Wookiee Win

- Heat of Battle

- Let the Wookie Win

70 - Smugglers and Spies - ??

- Blockade Runner

71 - Smugglers and Spies - ??

-  Lando Calrissian

72 - Smugglers and Spies - ??

- Cloud City Operative

73 - Smugglers and Spies - ??

74 - Smugglers and Spies - ??

75 - Smugglers and Spies - ??

- Over My Dead Body

78 -

- Chewbaccas Bowcaster

?? - Jedi - ??

?? - Rebels - ??

- Bail Organa

- Tantive IV

80 - Scum and Villainy - Hive of Scum and Villainy

81 - Scum and Villainy - Jabba's Reach

- Jabba the Hutt

- Reversal of Fate

82 - Scum and Villainy - ??

83 - Scum and Villainy - ??

84 - Scum and Villainy - ??

- Slave I

85 - Scum and Villainy - ??

- Bossk

86 - Scum and Villainy - ??

87 - Sith - ??

- Dark Memories

88 - Imperial Navy - Imperial Blockade

89 - DS Neutral - ??

90 - DS Neutral - ??

#2 JackCade

JackCade

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Some updates here:

http://www.fantasyfl...4&efidt=795773.

Looks like we're getting Slave one and Dengar.  

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Slave I was on the initial announcement and is already in the list. All we can see of Dengar is a picture no card. I've already added Chewie and the other cards from that pic of the box back. 

#4 Zanka

Zanka

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

Yep but i can't remember if any illustrations on FFG's game boxes aren't finally cards or stuff in that game.

We can see Dengar and Nien Nunb on the box and i'm pretty sure they are cards for EoD :)

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

To be fair, while we can be pretty sure that there will be a card with art featuring Dengar, we don't know for sure that it will be a unit.  That said, I tend to agree that it's more likely than not.

#6 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

Likely yes but it could just as easily be something different. Until we see the art on a card I'm leaving it out for now.

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4068

#8 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Chewy layin down the beat stick- S&S is starting to look a little too scary 

#9 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

Man, striking while not in the engagement seems crazy good. I hope DS gets at least one unit that can also do this somehow (or an enhancement that gives them this ability like Chewbacca's Bowcaster does.) 

#10 Scoob

Scoob

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

At last we have the mighty Chewbacca.

#11 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Uhhhhh,,,, I think I just fell in love.  Smugglers and Spies when it comes for real =)

2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator

#12 Jonnyb815

Jonnyb815

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Han just got a lot stronger.

I need to look at the lando again to see if he is worth adding with Han/chewie.

#13 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

dbmeboy said:

To be fair, while we can be pretty sure that there will be a card with art featuring Dengar, we don't know for sure that it will be a unit.  That said, I tend to agree that it's more likely than not.

Backtracking a bit to this Dengar discussion, the announcement for the final Force Pack of the Hoth Cycle, Escape from Hoth, partially spoils a Dengar unit card. Obviously this is all speculation, but I'm inclined to believe that that more or less guarantees that we won't be seeing another Dengar in the Edge of Darkness. Multiple versions of the same character will likely largely be limited to the major players of the Star Wars universe--your Vaders, your Lukes, your Hans, your Boba Fetts--and I just don't believe Dengar ranks two cards yet. Particularly as Escape from Hoth and Edge of Darkness will likely be coming out pretty soon to each other.

#14 GooeyChewie

GooeyChewie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

Jonnyb815 said:

Han just got a lot stronger.

I need to look at the lando again to see if he is worth adding with Han/chewie.

Yes, he absolutely is.  He combos incredibly well with Han.  You can assign Han to attack, trigger his ability, remove Han from the engagment (laughing at those defenders who now have to strike), then assign Han to attack another objective and trigger his ability again.  Han shoots first twice!  Or, if you lose an edge battle involving Han, you can take Lando's action before your opponent can strike to move a defender home, then use Han's targeted strike to take out the defender anyway.

If Lando and Chewie are your only two units on the table, but Chewie has his bowcaster, you can attack with Chewie, lose the edge battle, move Chewie home with Lando and still shoot the defender.  Not quite as combo-tastic as Lando+Han, but still pretty mighty.

#15 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

Darik said:

Man, striking while not in the engagement seems crazy good. I hope DS gets at least one unit that can also do this somehow (or an enhancement that gives them this ability like Chewbacca's Bowcaster does.) 

From what we have so far, I think Boba Fett with Mandalorian armor is the best option for dealing with Chewbacca. Since Mandalorian Armor gives Boba Fett Targeted Strike, you can target the back-seat-Chewbacca when you attack. Since you are the active player, you choose which reaction to resolve first and choose to capture Chewbacca instead of letting Chewbacca deal massive damage to your units.

The other option is to lock Chewbacca down with focus tokens. The problems with this are 1) If he has been granted the Protect keyword, he'll still cause a headache, and 2) Cloud City Operative can help to ready Chewbacca faster.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#16 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Other options include Force Choke and Vader's reaction, not used during an engagement. Or ForceLLightning if there are a bunch of protect wookies around.

#17 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

I'm a little surprised that Chewbacca is a Smuggler, while Han Solo is not. Hmm.

#18 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

I suppose another obvious way to deal with Chewbacca is with Bossk. I was worried when I first saw Bossk that he would hardly get a chance to capture Wookiees and get the extra card draw, but now that I've seen Chewbacca's set, I think there's a good bet Chewbacca will be in a lot of S&S decks.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#19 Reaper Lead

Reaper Lead

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Do we know when the Edge of Darkness is to be released?

#20 musket_max

musket_max

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

I thought mid May was the general date they had aimed for a while back, maybe in conjunction with the third force pack?

EDIT: Just looked at the release page, third force pack is listed as may, edge of darkness just as Q2, so anywhere up to June 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS